Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • RoadKill
  • jekkyl

Hardly a ride goes by without seeing some roadkill, in fact I think it is abnormal not to see any roadkill when out on my bike. This is usually a dead bunny or five but over the years I have seen various birds, toads, squirrels, sheep, foxes and rats. But last night I saw a dead badger! I’ve never seen a badger before, in the wild or in captivity, you don’t tend to see Badgers in Zoos. I was surprised by how big it was, looked like a large dog.

Klunk
    Free Member

i’d be surprised if the badger was roadkill 8)

steveoath
    Free Member

I once ran over 6 rabbits in one night…

not on purpose mind!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Can’t stand seeing badgers and foxes dead on the side of the road.

Propper pisses me off.

Klunk – Member
    i’d be surprised if the badger was roadkill 8)

Oh dear… 🙄

wwaswas

Tom Waits says;

Road kill has its seasons. Just like anything. It’s possums in the autumn. And it’s farm cats in the spring …

jota180
    Free Member
    OmarLittle
    Free Member

i saw a road kill badger yesterday too (on the road next to Coniston water) first time i’ve seen one dead or alive in years

bigyinn
    Free Member

Trying to shift a freshly mown down badger is hard work. A fully grown boar is quite a dead weight!

andyl
    Free Member

I see dead badgers pretty much every day at the moment, sometimes more than one.

We nearly had a live one when out on the bikes once – badger ran across the road in front of my mate, skidded to a halt and then decided to turn around and run back infront of him again as he was slammed on the brakes. Odd thing was he got safely past and then turned round – so now I see why so many get run over.

Same ride but a bit earlier on I spooked a young deer riding past a hedge and it darted out and just missed me and then hit my mates front wheel.

racefaceec90

like this 😉 [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdM94SBJvj0[/video]

jamesco

All depends where you are , A55 into N Wales is littered with dead badgers , and boy do they stink.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

If the badger is genuine roadkill there should be a dead car next to it. (in most circumstances)

I’ve know a pheasant to set of an air bag in a car before.

faint
    Free Member

a first for me tonight,
    a dead ferret

stgeorge

Come to Gloucestershire, there are loads of roadkill badgers around here. Also had live one trundling down garden, saw me and took off into the woods, they don’t half crash about in the undergrowth!

andyl
    Free Member

@raceface90: that was the first thing that came to our minds when it happened!

Dogsby

I used to cycle past dead roos in Australia on the way to work; as big as a man and dead at the side of the road in the summer heat. Now that stinks!

Dogsby

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘RoadKill’ is closed to new replies.