Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Roadietrackworld – where?
  • robertgray05
    Free Member

Is there an online forum/community, just as buzzing with intellectual exchanges and deep philosophical thought as in here, but focused on the road?

I’m looking to buy a 2nd hand road disc frame and struggling to find any classifieds sections or indeed general discussion forums as active as in here.

hammerite
    Free Member

Bikeradar.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

LFGSS/Paceline/VPSalon/Cycling News/Slowtwitch/Weightweenies

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Bikeradar is shit

tomhoward

Here.

mrblobby
    Free Member

road.cc has a forum and classifieds section too. Never been there so might be shit, might not.

nemesis
    Free Member

Here + 1

veloriders used to be pretty good but it seems quiet these days.

robertgray05
    Free Member

Cheers all. Bikeradar seems relatively busy… not quite sure how I missed it?!

Will try some of the others mentioned too.

And yes, I’ll be sticking around on here 🙂

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

CTC?

Bikeradar is good for buying/selling but the chat is mince*.

*and homophobic, mysoginistic, commuterist and miserable.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Theres loads of mtbers roadies on here.. lots of helpful and stw replies to any question you dare ask.
    Is it about shaving?

tomhoward

Bikeradar is good for buying/selling but the chat is mince*.
    *and homophobic, mysoginistic, commuterist and miserable.

Though if you have a penchant (lovely word, that) for bacon and dead hookers, it’ll be right up your alley.

globalti
    Free Member

Cycle Chat is the best and easiest forum for roadies. There’s a wide range of people levels of experience on there.

http://www.cyclechat.net/

deadkenny
    Free Member

More road chat here than off road at times, especially when fair weather riders get all “what winter road bike” and worry that their bike will melt in the mud 😉

(still say we should just have a split forum, one for road, one for off. But then I still argue *SingleTrack* is an odd place for roadies to hang out anyway 😛 )

ransos
    Free Member

(still say we should just have a split forum, one for road, one for off. But then I still argue *SingleTrack* is an odd place for roadies to hang out anyway )

Can we have a third section for people who like riding bikes, offroad and on?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

road.cc has a forum and classifieds section too.

I like road.cc a lot (not so keen on their recent redesign though) but for forum activity I’d have to agree with the people saying ‘here’.

snownrock

Theres loads of mtbers roadies cyclists on here.. lots of helpful and stw replies to any question you dare ask.
    Is it about shaving?

FTFY

brooess
    Free Member

STW is as good as anywhere else IMO. Mind out for the predictable ‘why don’t roadies ever smile’ thread which pops up once in a while though… 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

ransos – Member
    Can we have a third section for people who like riding bikes, offroad and on?

I’m usually just being tongue in cheek about it 😀 , though sometimes I’m reading through a thread about “what XYZ” and about to put in my suggestion and then re-reading I realise it’s talking about a road bike but wasn’t clear. My suggestions about 800mm wide flat carbon bars, Vault pedals and chunky 2.5 Minions might then seem stupid for a road bike 😉

prawny

Bikeradar has gone a lot quieter recently.

Road.cc is the daily mail of cycling

here is probably best, although something a bit more road focused would be nice for when you just want to talk lycra.

5thElefant
    Free Member

STW is as good as anywhere else IMO. Mind out for the predictable ‘why don’t roadies ever smile’ thread which pops up once in a while though…

Because it’s so unbelievably dull?

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Road shit on a forum of a mountain bike magazine not on

avdave2

The great thing about this forum is there’s just 2 sections and for the most part most people can tell the difference between them. All the others seem to be full of sub forums and it’s anybodies guess where people will post things. I’ve recently got back into road cycling and without a doubt all the most interesting helpful and entertaining information and talk is right here.

birdage

^^^^ +1

The sheer number of sub forums on some forums puts me off reading them. STW is a bit like smoking, fire up the internet and before I realize what I’m doing I’m reading a thread on something I had no previous interest in.

I like the breadth of cycling on here. Must be a number of people who similarly ride road/off-road on a weekly basis or even both at the same time!

russyh
    Free Member

Bikeradar, has all but disappeared up its own arse of late! They destroyed the classifieds section by constantly amending forum rules and over moderation by one particular complete helmet! And the same mods allow people with ridiculous post counts to mock and bully new members! I think people just gave up and found better options!

Singletrack is by far and away the best cycling forum and website in my opinion!

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve never used the BikeRadar road forum but traffic seemed to fall of a cliff on the MTB one virtually overnight, which was weird. More cliquey than here. Far far too many sub-forums and (on the MTB side at least) far less knowledgeable. It feels like a bunch of enthusiastic teenagers half the time.

I still think here! There are plenty of good road riders kicking about. It doesn’t need a separate sub forum any more than it needs one for Enduro.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Roadietrackworld – where?’ is closed to new replies.