Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Roadies – Where do you put your pump ?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m doig an 85 mile ride on Saturday with some roadies, so think it would be a bit rude to turn up with out a spare tube and pump.

Where the hell do you put a mini pump though that isnt quite mini enough to go in a back pocket?

Ta

Junkyard
    Free Member

On the bike

scotroutes

+1

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bazz

I’m terribly un-cool so mine is attached to the frame behind the seat tube bottle cage.

nemesis
    Free Member

Frame mount or back pocket. Can’t say that I’ve ever had an issue with my pump in a back pocket – even the fairly long one.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’d just take a couple of CO2 cartridges.

trail_rat
    Free Member

under the top tube , where the frame fit pump would go….. its a topeak road morph

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I dont have anything to secure said pump to frame as normaly it goes in back pack on mtb. If it did come with a bracket it was lost many years ago !

MoreCashThanDash

I’d rather not say, but I spend a lot of my road rides riding out of the saddle…..

nemesis
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

on the bike – it’s a mountain morph with some gas in the saddle bag with the tubes and tools.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Many brackets are interchangeable, your lbs might have one kicking around.

tonyg2003

In the back pocket. Always. However just a back up to CO2 canisters. Hardly ever just it

bikebouy
    Free Member

Back pocket.. it’s small enough to fit there.

I don’t like stuff hanging off my bike unless it’s a bottle with water in it.

GrahamS

My little Lezyne Tech Drive HP pump fits snugly in my European Posterior Man-Satchel.

(I don’t understand the roadie obsession with putting things in jersey pockets)

JoB
    Free Member

on the frame, a proper Zefal HPX frame-fit pump, that i lend to people with mini-pumps when i get bored of them fwapping away

TiRed

Lezyne Tech Drive pump fits inside my Elite Tool bottle with two tubes, two C02 cartridges, gloves, instant patches, a multitool, emergency light and a small first aid kit. How cool is that? Just move between bikes as needed.

In truth, I’ve only used the CO2 for most rides.

rOcKeTdOg

Under the bottle cage, lezyne road thing it’s tiny & doesn’t make the bike look like an overly heavy 50’s tourer like the frame pump dinosaurs bikes do

njee20
    Free Member

Topeak sommat or other in back pocket, very effective.

cookeaa

Geared road bike has a mini pump on the seat tube next to the bottle cage and 2x CO2 carts in a bar bag with 2 spare tubes, commuter has a larger pump mounted under the Toptube and the same CO2 and tubes in a bar bag…

dantsw13

Electrical tape it to the seat tube, or under the toptube.

Or turn up in baggies with a camelbak???

trail_rat
    Free Member

what JoB says …. plus i get fed up of waiting on them to inflate their tires or busting valves off .

bob_summers

Nothing looks more pro than training with a full size frame pump strapped or taped under the top tube…

simondbarnes

Lezyne Road Drive mounted to the downtube.

mogrim

I don’t understand the roadie obsession with putting things in jersey pockets

That’s more of a wannabe roadie thing, the gnarly old Spanish roadies I see round here are more than happy enough to use a saddle pack etc.

My pump goes on a bracket under the water bottle.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i passed loads of pro looking roadies yesterday , their adherence to the velominati rules/slammed stems didn’t seem to help in the pursuit of going fast but i understand its all about how you look at the cafestop….

rusty90
    Free Member

Good old fashioned framefit pump here – Zéfal HPX Classic.

stevious

Had a couple of lost pumps from them falling out of brackets/out of pockets so just have CO2, etc in a saddle bag. Will probably look into getting a pump with a decent bracket at some point though.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

in the spare bottle cage . cut the top off an old bottle enough room for a pump 2 innertubes and 2 tyre leavers.

Philby

Small Topeak Pocket Rocket on a bracket attached to the bottle cage on the downtube.

GrahamS

in the spare bottle cage . cut the top off an old bottle

Or if you don’t have an old bottle:

£6 from wiggle.

Or similar idea from £3 from Rose:
    http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/products/accessories/bagsbackpacks/special-bags/tool-boxes/

Superficial
    Free Member

After doing some longer rides adhering to “the rules” and shoe-horning a load of stuff into my back pocket, for recent 100-miler I decided to just give in and use the pump’s bottlecage mount and zip-tie a spare tube under the seat. It meant that my back pockets weren’t weighed down with stuff digging into my kidneys. I think I’m a convert – I might even buy a little under-seat pouch.

I like the idea of a converted bidon for general riding but on longer rides I feel like I need two water bottles.

ransos
    Free Member

on the frame, a proper Zefal HPX frame-fit pump, that i lend to people with mini-pumps when i get bored of them fwapping away

Mine appeared to have died, so I disassembled, cleaned it out and greased the shaft and plunger. Now works as good as new.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Mine goes in my saddlebag. I don’t care what the rules say.

nickc

I’ve got a lezene mini one strapped to the downtube bottle cage, and carry a co2 in a wallet which has also got; wee tool, couple of tyre levers and a map of local area, that fits snugly in my pocket.

I think “the rules” are supposed a bit tongue in cheek aren’t they?

IanW
    Free Member

Are they friends and your confident of not getting dropped? Just ask if someone will have one you could borrow if required.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I don’t understand the roadie obsession with putting things in jersey pockets

Agreed

I dont like having stuff in my back pocket and if I have to carry stuff I use a rather attractive bum bag.

I am dressed in fluro lycra and blowing out my arse…..its to late to care about looking good

The graham S stuff is ok for short rides/commutes but longer ones need two bottles IMHO

GrahamS

carry a co2 in a wallet which has also got; wee tool

??

nickc

Err, no, not that sort if wee tool

The other sort ( small angry Scottish idiot)

Very handy when berating car drivers 🙂

brooess
    Free Member

I feel sorry for the guys who wrote The Rules. All that time spent trying to bring an element of style and decorum to road riding and then all these British ex-MTBrs just come along and trample all over them with gay abandon 🙁

I’m emigrating to Italy

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Roadies – Where do you put your pump ?’ is closed to new replies.