Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 521 total)
  • Roadies whats your average speed?
  • nickc

7 corners and pan flat… 😆

good effort

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Bit of a out and back 50 miler for me yesterday. Out had the tailwind, back the (more or less) headwind. 4800ft climbing at an av of 20.3. Happy with that, considering I’ve put 3-4kgs on (back upto 80kg) since the fred Whitton. 😳
    https://www.strava.com/activities/341095003

griffiths1000
    Free Member

Bit of a out and back 50 miler for me yesterday. Out had the tailwind, back the (more or less) headwind. 4800ft climbing at an av of 20.3. Happy with that, considering I’ve put 3-4kgs on (back upto 80kg) since the fred Whitton.

Nice one bet you are feeling the legs today!

griffiths1000
    Free Member

renton – Member

The day before yesterday’s ride home….
    Check out my 5.5 mi Ride on Strava: http://app.strava.com/activities/340344125
    Posted 1 hour ago # Report-Post
    nickc – Member

7 corners and pan flat…

good effort

Aye but a fast bit of road that for cars. Been a while since i have been out to Lossy, is it still all on the road or is there any cycle path?

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Bit of a out and back 50 miler for me yesterday. Out had the tailwind, back the (more or less) headwind. 4800ft climbing at an av of 20.3. Happy with that, considering I’ve put 3-4kgs on (back upto 80kg) since the fred Whitton.

Yeah, a bit stiff (ohh errr) May sneak out tomorrow if they don’t feel to bad. Got a BIG ride planned for Saturday though and I’m pretty sure I won’t get anywhere near this average!

nickc

griffiths, KOMs are like penises, be proud of it if you want, happy that you have one…keep it to yourself, OK?

renton
    Free Member

7 corners and pan flat…
    good effort

Aye it may be flat but I am 18.5 stone and as aerodynamic as a breeze bloc.

joolsburger
    Free Member

My commute consistently takes an hour each way and it’s 18 miles, pretty easy maths.
    I reckon I could get to 19mph if I could be bothered but I can’t.

glenh
    Free Member

bjj.andy.w – Member

Decent av speed that for a solo ride. What struck me though, is how low your heart rate is compared to mine. A similar length ride with a slightly higher average heart rate gets me a suffer score of 80, vs your 169!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Glenh, have you set your HR zones properly? I think it needs to know how hard you’re working to work out a suffer score, and that comes from your HR zones.

glenh
    Free Member

Yes, my Z2 = bjj.andy.w’s Z4!

DanW
    Free Member

Having been caught out in the torrential downpour at the weekend at the end of a long ride around Ashton Court it served as good motivation to get home as quickly as possible (on the MTB) along the bike path… 31.0km/hr average with the second half at 34.8km/hr average when the rain got really bad 😆 Can I be an honorary roadie please? 😀

IanMunro
    Free Member

No, You’ve quoted your speed in km/h 🙂

DanW
    Free Member

Damn it! I knew I couldn’t pull off this roadie malarky 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

More roadie than you think (here).

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

bjj.andy.w – Member

Yeah, a bit stiff (ohh errr) May sneak out tomorrow if they don’t feel to bad. Got a BIG ride planned for Saturday though and I’m pretty sure I won’t get anywhere near this average!
    POSTED 3 DAYS AGO #
    Well I did that ride today and I only managed a lowly 16.1 mph av. Mind you it was 201miles with 20000ft of climbing 😉

https://www.strava.com/activities/343994418

seanthesheap
    Free Member

around 14mph for me, though my road rides tend to include roads that look like this…

…as well as the usual tarmac car infested rubbish.

epicyclo

I never hurry on these sort of roads. 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

thread needs killing or redirecting to here Gatsby back

FTFY 😉

rp16v
    Free Member

My commute is 12 miles each way usually average about 16-18mph its a very down-flat-up across Bristol end to end but very open to wind.

seanthesheap
    Free Member

@epicyclo: Now thats a road, where is it? Also, what’s the bike?

griffiths1000
    Free Member

thread needs killing or redirecting to here

Obviously a topic close to STWers hearts- 2 long running threads with umpteen pages of debate. 😆 😆 😆

oldgit
    Free Member

Todays road surface, was a road race though. (piccy from last years)

firestarter
    Free Member

About 12mph but i really dont care 🙂

griffiths1000
    Free Member

About 12mph but i really dont care

And that’s the way it should be!

Nice bike by the way Firestarter.

firestarter
    Free Member

Merci 🙂

Tho it was not my favourite thing the day after this pic as i wrecked 2 tubes and had to nurse it hone with a near flat 🙁

seanthesheap
    Free Member

Nice bike firestarter, 12mph is fine if thats the terrain you were riding in that pic, i would be more than happy with that. 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers. Bit of a mixed bag some road bits and some much rougher than the pic tracks. I luvs my bike 🙂

griffiths1000
    Free Member

12mph is fine if thats the terrain you were riding in that pic

Definitely 12mp good going, nothing to be ashamed of on that terrain.

bigdean

*grump* My commute is 12.5 miles first 3.5 on fire/ gravel roads.
    Can just about get 13mph average there and 14-15 back. Way home is usally wind assisted.
    How do you guys get to 17mph?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Cos they is awsums innit

epicyclo

seanthesheap – Member

@epicyclo
    : Now thats a road, where is it? Also, what’s the bike?

Somewhere between Sluggan Bridge and the Slochd summit.

Bike is a Ragley TD-1 set up as my road bike.

Today’s average – about 4mph.

Too much traffic up the Bealach. Had to stop about every 100 metres to let cars past.

Average a bit faster in the other direction, no one overtook us, not even the motorbikes. 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oldgit, that’s not you in the photo, is it?

TheSanityAssassin

First time on the Sunday Club Run for a couple of months today and I had genuine reservations about getting my legs ripped off the whole way. As it turned out, it was one of my better days and I (mostly) managed to both hang on with the bunch and take a few hard digs on the front too.
    I split from the bunch 20 miles from home and targeted getting back keeping the average 19mph or above. Surprisingly I was still going pretty well with a tough 70 already in the bank, and managed to keep between 20.0 and 20.2mph to just a mile from home. Unfortunately the ascent into the village was just one climb too many and I dipped under my revised target despite turning myself inside out in my attempts not to.
    Stats for the day: 90 miles, 5,925ft ascent, 4h-30m-56s at 19.9mph.

I’m absolutely battered now, but chuffed with how things turned out in the end.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Moved up a group for today’s club ride. My normal group normally meander around sociably at about 13-15mph. Today was 76 miles at just short of 17mph. Happy with that 🙂

griffiths1000
    Free Member

hjghg5 – Member

Moved up a group for today’s club ride. My normal group normally meander around sociably at about 13-15mph. Today was 76 miles at just short of 17mph. Happy with that

17mph average over that distance is good going.

coffeeaddikt
    Free Member

Old commute was 4 miles that would be done in 10-20 mins all depending on wind, mood, motivation etc,

now commute is 10mi, average has raised to 15/16mph with a total climb of 650+

used to average 16mph+ over a standard 20-30mi ride when living in lancaster, the flat and slow grinders of the south are taking some getting used to!

njee20
    Free Member

What a marvellous thread you’ve randomly resurrected with your first post. I miss Gatsby *sigh*

mrblobby
    Free Member

Njee, we’ve been doing it all over again over here. Not quite as amusing and outrageous as last time though.

coffeeaddikt, welcome. Curious choice of thread for first post. Nice work though 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘Roadies whats your average speed?’ is closed to new replies.