Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Roadies – triple front mech set-up
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I got a triple (Tiagra 9s) front mech in case I wanted to put on a triple, but will mainly run it with a double.

However it has to sit v high on the seat tube in order to avoid fouling the inner (42T) chainring, I'll give it a whirl but wondered if it is likely to work?

boxelder

You may need some luck – they make double/triple specific ones after all. Use the orange plastic spacer thing for set up.

cynic-al
    Free Member

But triples are 30-42-52 so should work fine on 42-52 Shirley?

Should point out that despite not having done this set-up before, I am fairly experienced with this sort of thing in general terms.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Will work fine al

Using 42;53 on my road bike with a sora triple no problems

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks TR.

boxelder

Thinking back the problems I had were using a double mech on a triple chainset.

cynic-al
    Free Member

D'Oh!

cynic-al
    Free Member

****. Had a go at setting this mother up.

Seems the c**ts at shimano have made the crank-arm clearance such that my front mech won't work. Oh well back to the 105 cranks I guess…

Anyone want a HT1 D ace crankset?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hmmm. Experiencing similar problems with a 108 8s triple c'set, having to set the mech 1/2" above the big ring WTF

Any thoughts?

EDIT I see the tiagra cset is 39-50, p'raps that's why 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

EDIT I see the tiagra cset is 39-50, p'raps that's why

That's compact isn't it? So surely you could buy a mech for a standard or triple chainset? 105 would be about 25 quid…

cynic-al
    Free Member

No, it's a triple (I left out the size of the wee ring as it's only the sizes of the outers that is affecting me) and I am running 9s so I am after a 9s front mech…ebay for me!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Roadies – triple front mech set-up’ is closed to new replies.