Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Roadies take note.
  • yodagoat
    Free Member

First part of this video. Just because you’re allowed to do something doesn’t mean you should do it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well managed 2 mins before wanting to hit the annoying prick. Yep poor choice of road to cycle on but it did lookalike as it was built unit should be a 40 zone or something.
    As the vid went on I was willing him to hip the traffic islands as he mocked the cars.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Not up to bvg’s usual standards.

martinhurton
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to the video of him when a car tuns right at a junction as he’s overtaking them, wonder how smug he’ll be feeling them!

Braking nearly every traffic law there is whilst whinging about everyone else. Genius!

Not saying I’m perfect liek, but I don’t broadcast my wrong doings on youtube. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should 😉

duirdh
    Free Member

Yep, annoying prick!

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Has anyone told him he’s still a pleb

TheBrick
    Free Member

40 zone or something.

Not on that section of the A3. I think its 60 mph.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

He is a tosser – end of.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Woa! I was only trying to stop more of you fuds getting hit by a car. I don’t think its right to wish someone harm just for voicing their opinion.
    Martinhurton – What traffic laws were being broken? Filtering? Thats not illegal in the UK ya tool.

Stay safe everyone.

project
    Free Member

2 mirrors on his motorised plebbike, yet he still fails to see he is an idiot.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

in the 2 mins I saw overtaking into oncoming traffic, riding through the hashed areas far too close to traffic islands and BEING A MASSIVE COCK.

The cyclist was looking where he was going riding on a road in good visibility. The guy on the motorbike was too obsessed by what everyone else was driving to pay proper attention. Giving a running commentary of how AWESOME he was and how pathetic the rest of the world must be.

Not wishing harm on him just expect it to happen.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Woa! I was only trying to stop more of you fuds getting hit by a car.

Uhuh.

martinhurton
    Free Member

Martinhurton – What traffic laws were being broken? Filtering? Thats not illegal in the UK ya tool

Never said that “filtering” was.

If you can’t see any traffic violations or dangerous acts then you’re the tool.

scaredypants

You wouldn’t see me riding a bike on that road.

Then again, you wouldn’t see me driving a motorbike like a complete and utter arse whilst verbalising my superiority complex into a microphone.

Does he post that shit up regularly then ? Why ? Very very boring, other than as a study of how owning a quick and manouvreable vehicle turns you into an utter ****

butcher

So when the cyclist comes to the end of the slip road, where does he go then????

Some of that guys vids are funny, but he did come across as a massive, smug penis in that one.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The cyclist has a right to be on the road.

Other road users have a duty to drive safely.

Any other approach is simply trying to deny cyclists their rights and force them off roads.

As TJ would say, is this a cycling forum?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As TJ would say, is this a cycling forum?

Always a good one, hopefully an open minded one where we can accept that being on a bike and using it responsibly are not the same thing. Wouldn’t want to turn into Motor Cycle News would we.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Also only made it to 2 minutes. He was being ironic surely – the bit about choosing the safe option followed immediately by dangerous and illegal riding….he was having a wind up, no one could be that stupid?

yodagoat
    Free Member

I’ve just re watched the first two minutes. Apart from filtering (sometimes on the hatching, this is still filtering) and giving the thumbs up to the guy in the TT what trafic violations is there? Overtaking towards oncoming traffic? Thats filtering. I’m sure I’ve seen cyclists do similar things.

cynic-al
    Free Member

So you guys are saying if the cyclist gets hit on that road it’s his fault for being there?

yodagoat
    Free Member

Not at all. It would be terrible if the cyclist got hit. He could reduce the chance of being hit by cycling on the other bit road.

Us guys? I don’t know the bloke from the video.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I really don’t see how tjis is different to blaming a rape victim because she wore a short skirt.

scaredypants

Apart from filtering (sometimes on the hatching, this is still filtering riding like a cock) and giving the thumbs up to the guy in the TT what trafic violations is there? Overtaking towards oncoming traffic? Thats filtering riding like a cock

As is filtering riding like a cock within the markings at a crossing that prohibit doing so

yodagoat
    Free Member

Man up. Thats filtering.

cynic-al
    Free Member

So it’s ok for drivers to use that road in a way that’s dangerous for cyclists?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

just too the left of this section of road is a seperate caraigeway, with hardly any traffic. It runs for about a mile, and is easy to get on and off of.
    given the option of 50mph, 3 lane a road, or a empty road next to it, I know where i’d be.

yodagoat
    Free Member

CynicAl – In what way did the biker present a danger to the cyclist? Have you even watched the video?

Uselesshippy – Me too. No point in arguing your case from a hospital bed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just too the left of this section of road is a seperate caraigeway, with hardly any traffic. It runs for about a mile, and is easy to get on and off of.
    given the option of 50mph, 3 lane a road, or a empty road next to it, I know where i’d be.

I probably would, if I new it was there, and where it went and that it was clear and not full of chelsea tractors and idiots (but we can’t see the future)
    I also know that the bike has every right to be there (right does not make it sensible) but as he had reasonable road position was dressed appropriately and riding along fine on a 3 lane road with 2 whole other lanes to pass properly in I can’t see a major issue. Also if he put a bit of effort in he could be up to at least 40mph…
    To add he wasn’t being a sanctimonious prick …

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Exactly. On the commute to my previous job I had exactly the same choice. Guess where I chose to cycle. Frankly cycling on a fast 3 lane road when you have a choice of an empty road next to it does mean you are an idiot. The motorcyclist does come across as a knob but that doesn’t change the fact the cyclist is an idiot.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mike I wasn’t referring to the motorcyclist.

People seem to think that if drivers drive in a way that’s dangerous to cyclists, then the solution is to make cyclists use more quiet roads.

The solution should be to make all road use safe for cyclists.

h4muf
    Free Member

It’s Alan partridge AICMFP.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Mike I wasn’t referring to the motorcyclist.

People seem to think that if drivers drive in a way that’s dangerous to cyclists, then the solution is to make cyclists use more quiet roads.

The solution should be to make all road use safe for cyclists everyone.

Fixed that for you Al.

aracer
    Free Member

Man up. Thats filtering.

Illegal filtering. Just because it’s legal to filter doesn’t make all filtering legal.

user-removed
    Free Member

“Good example there, of uh, when you’re trying to overtake someone filtering. I didn’t want to squeeze in front of him and overtake him. Coulda done it, but prolly would have pissed him off”

Then he undertook him in the bus lane instead.

Just because you have a social media following, doesn’t mean you’re not a bellend.

duirdh
    Free Member

some sweet filtering going on here..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n6dZ6v5v7N4[/video]

Lyrics may offend

butcher

Exactly. On the commute to my previous job I had exactly the same choice. Guess where I chose to cycle. Frankly cycling on a fast 3 lane road when you have a choice of an empty road next to it does mean you are an idiot. The motorcyclist does come across as a knob but that doesn’t change the fact the cyclist is an idiot.

The road next to it isn’t empty at all. And looks like an NSL road? Potentially faster than the A3.

Like Mike says, the guy might have no idea where that road goes. Or he might have already travelled 20 miles up the A3 and not see the point in leaving it for a mile. At the end of the day he still has to rejoin it further up. I’m pretty sure most people who cycle on roads like that don’t get a huge amount of enjoyment from it. They do it because their options are limited.

aracer
    Free Member

It seems everybody has also missed the comment on that video:

i saw THIS cyclist as being selfish.

interesting…

uselesshippy
    Free Member

It’s clearly visible on the left, ten feet from the a3. iirc, there are signs directing cyclists this way and you can see up the road for a long, long way.
    In the video you can see theres only a couple of cars on it, versus hundreds on the a3.
    Now, i’m notgoing to argue he shouldn’t be where he is, or he’s doing anything wrong.
    just that i’d be on the quiet, car free road.
    edit… Big sign saying it’s a 30mph, and no cars can turn down it at peak times.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I bet the guy on the motorbike is a hit with that ladies though….and a laugh down the pub. I could also imagine his nose is a little crooked or could be at any moment.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fair enough mike, (OP) not the original point you were making though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Roadies take note.’ is closed to new replies.