Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Roadies – Sram Red crankset Qs and experiences
  • teasel
    Free Member

Okay, you roadie scum, I’m looking for your opinions on the above crankset. Any issues or problems ?

I’ve heard the GXP BB is a little lacking but that’s not a prob as I’ll use a serviceable alternative.

Chainrings – anyone swapped to a non-Sram alternative when the time comes ?

How do they hold-up cosmetically – scuff easily or quite durable…?

[Terry Tibbs] Talk to me [/Terry Tibbs]

orangeboy
    Free Member

SRAM is the work of the devil
    Road bike should only ever have campy or maybe Ta chainsets

Think praxis works do good after market rings

njee20
    Free Member

Red comes with a GXP Ceramic BB, which is much better anyway, but silly money to replace. They’re not as bad as they were.

The cassette is very noisy on the old one – the hollow shape resonates loads, would put me off using one. The new one is meant to be far better.

teasel
    Free Member

The set-up is on a new flatbar build. I was thinking of running an Ultegra front and rear but re-thought it after looking at the price of replacement chainrings (£75). If you put anything other than Shimano on the cranks it’ll look bloody awful. Vain, I know, but it had me looking at alternatives.

So, in summary, I’m looking at running just the Sram crankset, the rest being Ultegra.

teasel
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crew.

Or have I stuffed it because I referred to you roadie boys as scum ?

I know, it’s because it’s a flatbar and not a proper roadbike, isn’t it…

benz
    Free Member

Happy with the Fsa slk carbon one on my bike…..

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

teasel,

16 pages of utter f00kin nutters talking about sram red chainsets, you think this place is full of menks.well say hello to WW, I love weightt weenies. 😳 😛 http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=103730&hilit=sram+red

oldgit
    Free Member

I ran the Red with the red ceramic BB, tbh I couldn’t tell the difference between it and the Force and standard BB on the other bike.
    So either the Red wasn’t worth the money or the Force was very good.

No issues end of, ever.

teasel
    Free Member

Thanks, guys, with a special nod to Kingkongsfinger – I’ll have a wander over to WW now and let myself get absorbed into their collective. Don’t know why it didn’t come-up in my Google search TBH – must have weak G Fu at the moment…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Roadies – Sram Red crankset Qs and experiences’ is closed to new replies.