• This topic has 46 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Roadies – did you move to 25mm tyres and stick with them?
  • Mbnut
    Free Member

So…. I am now convinced I want to go large!

I am looking at 27mm.

Challenge Paris-Rouxbaix or Vittoria Pave CG Open??

Any reason to avoid either of the above or is one recognized as being considerably better?

Cheers

scaredypants

I’ve never got down to 23s. I always thought why would you, unless they resurface the roads just before you turn up as well ?

Currently 25mm tubeless, previously 28mm tubeless but the carcasses went a bit odd and they were too expensive to take another punt

The drip & chip surfaces round our way are very draggy – not claiming that the rolling resistance thing is noticeable to me but I imagine it could be true (set against that, I’m faster recently on the 25s but I think that’s because I’ve ridden more this summer)

When 28mm tubeless becomes cheaper and robust, I’m in

oldgit
    Free Member

I trained and raced on both 23 and 25 and really felt no difference, I’ve got the wider tubeless rims though and they seem to widen the tyre?
    I did feel slightly quicker uphill on 23’s, so if I had a choice of just one size it would be 23.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eshershore
    Free Member

I run Specialized S-Works Turbo in 26c size on my Tarmac and they are fantastic tires in terms of crazy grip and low rolling resistance, also very comfortable around 100psi

only downside is terrible durability, but it is a racing tire 😉

dirtyrider
    Free Member

cannot tell the difference, went from 23mm Vittoria Evo Corsa tubs to 25mm Schwalbe One clinchers- shite grip in the wet as well, can spin the rear on steep wet climbs, zero confidence on them when cornering in the wet, I’m like bambi on ice

oldgit
    Free Member

The One tubular is a totally different animal to the clincher version, for a start it’s treaded.

iainc

Recently switched from Giant 23’s to same tyre as OP (GP4000S2 in 25c) and definitely not going back. Demonstrably faster on corners and more comfy.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Roadies – did you move to 25mm tyres and stick with them?’ is closed to new replies.