Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)
  • Roadies and team kit
  • Edric64
    Free Member

If the price is right I don't care what it looks like (I draw the line at denim-look lycra though).

Anyone still wear that Carrera kit ?I still have the denim look winter gloves because they were cheap.I wear odd bits of team kit because you can buy it cheaply if it's old stuff

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I wish someone would ask me to slow down. Do you guys really care what road racers are wearing?

oldgit
    Free Member

I must say I've quite enjoyed this thread and jolly surprised that no one has burst through the doors without reading the posts above and proceeded to call us all knobs before telling us all to just get out and ride.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RealMan
    Free Member

Pretty hard to tell with such a small photo. Your mate has one, and looking at the bandage on your knee, you could do with one too.

If you can't tell, don't assume then 😉

That's from an older running injury, knee starts aching a bit when its cold, and it was early morning and hadn't really warmed up yet. And that's my dads bike. I just can't convert him. 😀

I would.

What?

clubber
    Free Member

You're all knobs. Just get out and ride, whatever you're wearing.

MS
    Free Member

Wear what you want…If you like it and have the cash then why not.

Telling you that you should slow down is a bit much though if you weren't actually riding with him! but could have been in a jokey way?

Blackhound

I actually wore my Carrera top 2-3 weeks ago in The Alps. We were supposed to be doing La Plagne that day but the weather was against us and we had a late start and 'made do' with Iseran which was local.

In the '87 tour Roche, riding for Carrera, had a big chase after Delgado up to La Plagne that was a big contribution to him winning the tour that year.

I thought I could emulate the exhaustion at the top – without going over The Madeleine first!

Usually it is stuck at the back of a drawer.

RustySpanner

twinklydave – Member

As long as you're wearing something eh, that's the main thing.

I believe sir may possibly have witnessed my rotund magnificence 😀

Said top:

It doesn't 'wick', by the way…….

stick_man

Agree with Crikey on this. It's all a bit sad really, looking down your nose at people who don't conform to your way of thinking.

Not everyone has the time or inclination to join a club and we don't all want to wear grey endura jerseys either.

I bought a BIC top because it's bright and I like it, so what's the problem?

molgrips
    Free Member

Saw a bloke today in a Team Sky strip – he didn't hang around ordering that.

I bought for cheap a woollen retro cycling jersey, logo-free with just a stripe down the side. It was great but it kept shrinking in the wash til I looked like this

and then it eventually started to disintegrate for some reason.

avdave2

I rode in this morning;

on a lilac tourer

Wearing
    Red/white/black top
    Orange addidas football shorts
    Skate shoes (brown, with red laces)

I do hope I didn't offend you :p

I think you'll have managed to offend all but the blind.

RealMan
    Free Member

LOL. Those bib shorts!

thomthumb
    Free Member

What do you think of this then..

i think a real man would have kept it in the big ring!

stever
    Free Member

I've got an Amica Chips trade cap mainly because it says chips on it.

RealMan
    Free Member

Again, you can't tell from the small picture, but I was actually running a 54/70, and my cassette was 11-11-11-11-11-11-11-12, and I didn't want to drop my dad..

MartinGT
    Free Member

Its just the same as going to Trail centres and seeing goons in full body armour and then pootling along like miss daisy aint it?

OR

The same as some kid in a full Man Utd strip with kick arse boots but being utter gash at football.

How dare they emulate people they look upto! Man, fools, the lot of them! 🙄

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

What about baggies & flats on a carbon road bike!!!!

RealMan
    Free Member

What about baggies & flats on a carbon road bike!!!!

Usually that's just to take the piss. A mate was trying to get me to turn up on a road ride with baggies, 3/4 length sleeve dh race jersey, mtb full finger armoured gloves, knee pads, camelbak, black socks, helmet peak, mtb shoes, etc. etc.

julianwilson
    Free Member

stever – Member

I've got an Amica Chips trade cap mainly because it says chips on it.

I want a team 'Bonjour' jersey cos it says 'Bonjour' on it. 😀 (and it was/is a truly terrible magazine!)

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

I might try it in the full mtb attire just to see the reaction from the serious roadies!! CLASSIC! 😆

ooOOoo
    Free Member

How crazy

tiger_roach
    Free Member

So should mtbers shave their legs when they get on a road bike?

RealMan
    Free Member

So should mtbers shave their legs when they get on a road bike?

Preferably before they get on the bike, otherwise it may be a bit awkward. Shaving cream probably doesn't do a chain much good either.

sofatester
    Free Member

turn up on a road ride with baggies, 3/4 length sleeve dh race jersey, mtb full finger armoured gloves, knee pads, camelbak, black socks, helmet peak, mtb shoes

I might try it in the full mtb attire just to see the reaction from the serious roadies!! CLASSIC

You rebels 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

I might try it in the full mtb attire just to see the reaction from the serious roadies!! CLASSIC!

You'd prove their point about MTBers.

molgrips
    Free Member

What, that we have a sense of humour? That's one way to really stand out with a bunch of roadies.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I might try it in the full mtb attire just to see the reaction from the serious roadies!! CLASSIC!

Why, what do you hope to achieve? Do you really think people are that bothered, wee chuckle at you then you're forgotten about. Carry on though if it makes you happy.

njee20
    Free Member

Usually that's just to take the piss. A mate was trying to get me to turn up on a road ride with baggies, 3/4 length sleeve dh race jersey, mtb full finger armoured gloves, knee pads, camelbak, black socks, helmet peak, mtb shoes, etc. etc.

That only works if you're then really fast, if you're slow, you just look like an idiot who's trying to be 'hilarious' who thinks they'll wind people up.

clubber
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    What, that we have a sense of humour? That's one way to really stand out with a bunch of roadies.

More that you're a narrow minded numpty who's about as rebelious as a kid listening to RATM 😉

sofatester
    Free Member

For all the Willie wavers above.

If you turned up dressed like that you would be dropped, pure and simple. Not through the spiteful endeavours of the riders, just the fact you won’t be following many wheels when the speed is over 25mph on the flat. If you did hang on for 3 hours I’m sure you would be very popular and earn a lot of respect. If not, I doubt they would even notice that you'd gone. Apart from a couple of "Who was that strange chap in the beach gear" or "Do you think he got home OK?"

😉

RustySpanner

You lot started it 😀

It's not me that's got a hair on their sweetie because SOMEONE'S NOT TAKING RIDING A PUSH BIKE SERIOUSLY ENOUGH!

clubber
    Free Member

Actually, if you were half decent, I reckon you're wrong sofa. In a pack, the drag wouldn't make a massive difference though discomfort from pads, etc might…

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, so you'd make the whole thing rather miserable for yourself!

clubber
    Free Member

Maybe the pads, not the rest (which I'll admit, for convoluted reasons, I have done once).

sofatester
    Free Member

Actually, if you were half decent, I reckon you're wrong sofa. In a pack, the drag wouldn't make a massive difference though discomfort from pads, etc might.

True Clubber. Although I'd like to see a rad to the sick of gnarl padded up rider spin there bash guarded 36×11 top gear trying to stay in the pack!

mogrim

I wore a camelbak on my road bike yesterday, it was over 30C and there's no way I'm risking dehydration. I wouldn't use at other times of the year, too uncomfortable. Mtb shoes, too – but that's a budget thing, as and when I can afford some new shoes / cleats / pedals I'll probably get proper road stuff.

clubber
    Free Member

He never said, he'd be on an mtb sofa, just mtb kit…

molgrips
    Free Member

More that you're a narrow minded numpty who's about as rebelious as a kid listening to RATM

It's a joke, not a rebellion.

Illustrating my comment about humour 🙂

Unbelievable amount of snobbery associated with clothing on this thread.

IainGillam
    Free Member

I personally wouldn't wear team kit on the road bike but it doesn't bother me that other people do, a quick survey of richmond park usually reveals the people in the polka dot jerseys etc to usually be the slowest riders and Cervello test team seam to be rivalling Man U in kit sales this year…

Iain

sofatester
    Free Member

He never said, he'd be on an mtb sofa, just mtb kit

I know, go with it!

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘Roadies and team kit’ is closed to new replies.