Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Roadies…
  • binners

who’s was best?

wwaswas

who’s was best?

Mine.

But he had a better tan (although, to be fair Casper has a better tan than me).

Score draw?

jambourgie
    Free Member

As someone who who fits in neither camp, I’m gonna play devil’s advocate here. Whilst out exploring on my bike I see plenty of out of shape dudes with ALL the gear, packing their precious MTB’s away into a car. Why not bike out to the trails?

Seems to me road cycling is a much purer form of cycling. Straight out of the door and you’re off. Needing a vehicle to carry your bike is a bit stoopid really.

For the record, I rock a clapped out frankenbike, primarily made from mate’s hand-me-downs. But I ride it EVERYWHERE. I think you’re all dicks. 😀

I await my ban.

justatheory
    Free Member

I commute from Cheetham Hill to Gorton on my road bike but I don’t wear lycra so it can’t have been me you’re on about. I have seen quite a few new decked out roadies lately though, some even have the cheek to overtake.

TiRed

There’s nothing more unpleasant of a morning, than being repeatedly overtaken by them, and to then be treated to a wobbly, middle-aged mans bottom in garish team kit lycra in front of you, arse in the air as he’s on the drops. Bleeuuuurgh!

Commute daily in my team kit advertising the club, which cost more than the suit I wear when I get to work! Of course I can’t comment on wobbly bits, as I’m more racing snake – does that pass muster? And of course sporting geometry means not quite so arse-in-the-air 😉

And yes there is some shocking riding out there. We have a beginners group to teach people to ride in a group, obey the highway code etc…

They’ll all be gone as soon as it starts raining again, so don’t worry.

riderideride
    Free Member

You better keep out of London in august for when they have surrey 100 !

endurancenut
    Free Member

Binners, don’t worry about your self-professed preoccupation with checking out male bottoms in lycra. Your negative reaction has nothing to do with your sexuality. It’s simply that you have subconscious yearnings to be a roadie, and you are having difficulty rationalizing these feelings. You are checking out the bottoms, not because you want them, but because your inner roadie is checking out the form of the competitors. Embrace the lycra Binners – don’t deny yourself 😉

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

geoffj

Downhills – like a particularly daft labrador that’s just had a massive poo AND found a big stick

😀

AND Jamie’s back! 😀 😀 😀 😀

So what exactly is wrong with cycling in lycra?

Properly fitting team or club kit looks quite smart on the bike. Ok it might be out of place whist strolling down the high street, but then so would wearing your speedos, or crickt whites.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I am more roadie now than anything else but I still love the MTB, unfortunately there are no mountains or hills or enough riding for more than a hour in the woods anywhere near my door step. I have not been off road “properly” since January. 😳 The road bike is about the fitness for me and four hours free time to ride is four hours ON the bike.

FWIW I like Lycra especially now I actual fit into it without looking like a fat man in cling film.

njee20
    Free Member

I wear lycra on the MTB too. Why wouldn’t you?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I wear lycra on the MTB too. Why wouldn’t you?

I do now. It’s the tool for the job.

TiRed

Ok it might be out of place whist strolling down the high street

School open evening? I ride there 15 miles from work as I don’t have a car, nor opportunity to change. I think that since Mrs TiRed is in charge of the money for the PTA, they are used to it now – only comments I have are well done for riding so far. Wore it to watch the school sports day this morning on the way to work. Sadly no dads’ 50km crit this year 🙁

It is nice kit, and is always coordinated. If you are going to wear lycra, you need good form. It’s in the rules.

School open evening?

Surely a nice pair of touring shorts and a Rapha sportswool jersey. One has standards to maintain dontcherknow? 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Roadies…’ is closed to new replies.