Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Roadieing near Nice – routes?
  • robertgray05
    Free Member

Hello

Gonna be in Nice for a few days in early October, avec velo. Any tips for good roads, good climbs, good coffee?

Cheers!

B

thecaptain
    Free Member

Oh, head north, it’s fabulous. Find some overnight accom and make a 2-day or longer trip though, unless you are a serious mile muncher. I’ve been on several week-long tours starting from Nice, you can do the Verdon Gorge, Alpes Maritime, Ventoux as takes your fancy though the weather might be turning I guess – I was always there in spring. Fabulous area for cycling.

Sandwich

Cafe du Cycliste have some gpx files on their site. A ride from Vesubie to Menton taking in Col Du Turini is highly recommended. It’s mainly downhill from Turini at 1600m to the sea. Pack your climbing legs and suitable gears.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I did three days of riding out there earlier in the year – stuck around Nice – was staying slightly in-land of Nice. Did a route that took me out to Tanneron from Lac de Saint-Cassien, a nice coastal ride unto St Raphael and a ride that took us unto Thorenc and a stunning long descent through Gourdon. It shared alot of the route of the Nice Ironman cycle route, but I think we did it the other way round. I recorded it on Strava as I forgot my Garmin but happy to share my route if I can suss out how to export the GPX files. Fantastic riding, a great introduction into the Alps (the Pre-Alps at least), some pretty decent climbs compared to what i’m used to in the UK.

dragon
    Free Member

Coast road from Cannes to St Raphael is popular and blooming lovely.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Roadieing near Nice – routes?’ is closed to new replies.