Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Roadie tubeless- losing pressure
  • grim168
    Free Member

Never ran tubeless on mtb or road. Bought a set of ultegra wheels and thought i’d run them tubeless. Bought a schwalbe kit from zee germans and fitted them. What a bugger. Bent a park tools tyre lever getting them on. Anyway got them to seat and chucked in the sealant. They pump up ok and I ran them at 90 psi. Only problem is they lose quite a bit of pressure overnight.(30-40 psi). Is this normal with road tubeless?
    Cheers, Graham.

Yak

Seems a lot.
    Hutchinson fusion 3s on pacenti sl23s seem to lose 5psi per week. Stans sealant, stans valves and superstar tubeless rim tape.

I thought it was a bugger too fitting it all. Have now bought a big manly long ‘workshop’ tyre lever for future fitting of these.

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

I find inner tubes work well

Yak

Have you given them a good ride yet? Was the sealant bottle shaken well before adding sealant to the tyre? Double wrapped the tubeless tape? Tape fully stuck down?

Can you see the leak? Any traces of sealant coming out?

grim168
    Free Member

No tape as they are tubless rims ie. no spoke holes. No obvious sealant leakage. Probably done 40 miles or so on them. Might try a bit more sealant.

alansd1980

You don’t need any tape with those rims. Could the tape be stopping the tyre seating properly?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Last bonty I installed went flat. I pumped it up, rode it again, fine now.

Yak

Ok – maybe just give it a few more rides then and it will probably be fine.

grim168
    Free Member

Cheers for replies. Will top up sealant and give it a few more rides.

spooky_b329

Hold wheel at 3 and 9 o clock.

Waggled back and forth to send the sealant over the tyre and rim at 6 o clock.

Then turn the wheel slightly and repeat, idea being to get a coating of sealant over the whole tyre, rather than just a strip behind the tread.

There are clips of this on the stans mtb site.

grahamg
    Free Member

I recently did two conversions, both on Velocity A23 rims with tape, both pairs lost a fair bit over first day or two and then after a good shake/rotate as mentioned above they were fine. Seem like they lose slightly less than tubes now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Roadie tubeless- losing pressure’ is closed to new replies.