Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Roadie tops – long sleeved but thin ?
  • scaredypants

Thin as in light material, that is – I probably need “executive cut” if there’s an option

(all I need is at least 1 decent pocket at the back and brightish but not too lairy a colorway*)

* 😉

Anyone got a favourite brand ?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Don’t see many. I tend to use short sleeved ones with arm coolers like these by Craft. Works well and you have the short sleeved option too. Executive cut?

Mackem
    scaredypants

arm coolers ? Does that actually work ?

Executive cut: aka tubby

MrNice
    Free Member

I’ve looked for this sort of thing in the past. L/s roadie tops always seem to be aimed at cooler weather and l/s mtb tops are usually DH pyjamas if they’re not cold weather gear. Arm warmers seem to be what most go for though I’ve not tried them.

Last time I looked I was doing a lot of climbing so anything I could fit my forearms in was baggy around my biceps (and 6 inches too long). Now I’ve laid off the crimping and have arms like sticks they may fit better 🙁

iainc

Try Team Kit from a yr or so back ? I have a nice Castelli Garmin LS one that fits your description. Cost about £45 from Wiggle or similar I think

mrblobby
    Free Member

They are pretty good. Not sure about the cooling effect but they are very thin and pleasant enough to wear on a warm day.

scaredypants

FWIW, the best/only one I’ve found is a Bontrager but only comes in black and I’d rather be more visible (the white arm stripes actually sit forwards mostly and it’s virtually all black from behind)

(NB didn’t buy from that shop, so can’t comment from that point of view)

TiRed

Champion Systems make our club kit and i have a long sleeved race jersey in white. For sunny days i wear a white compression under layer to keep the rays off. No melanin means i have to take care.

antigee

think they are rare as said most real roadies wear arm warmers my preferred option is a thin summer short sleeve cycling top with a thin long sleeve thermal under it

rp16v
    Free Member

i think our team kit was made by endura last year really nice and thin long sleeve top with 3 pockets,full lenth zip and we have lots of very “executive” riders so maby something in there line up il have a look for a part number later might kick something up

MSP

Endura extract L/S fits the bill perfectly.

http://www.endurasport.com/product-detail.asp?ProductID=49

jonba
    Free Member

cycle-clothing.co.uk have some cheap ones.

I just got a northwave one from startcycles.co.uk but it is race cut not executive cut. Startcycles had other stuff.

Wiggle’s dhb have some in the active range.

I struggled to find one as well as most people wear short sleeve and arm warmers.

drovercycles
    Free Member

Sportful do a long-sleeved top called the Pista jersey (also comes in SS and sleeveless(!) versions) which might suit – it’s a lightweight fabric and comes in white, blue and red as well as black. Their kit is nice stuff. Go up a size unless you want shrink-fit!

sillyoldman

Pearl Izumi do their entry level Quest Jersey in a long sleeve option, and the Elite In-R-Cool is available with long sleeves, or for a roomier cut, the Elite Semi-Form fit jersey with some Sun Sleeves.

scaredypants

thanks everyone – off to do some investigating

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Sportful sold at Halfords and often on sale, been half price several times so worth keeping an eye out. Nice kit for the price (having been disappointed with quality of a posh sister brand Castelli jersey, I’m impressed with the Sportful bib shorts I got from Halfords).

scaredypants

thought I might update:

sent off for a couple from the cheaper end (both in “SMIDSY yellow” 😀 ).

cycle-clothing.co.uk – v cheap, quality seems good, fit is great for me. Will probably buy more of their stuff

Altura airstream – bit more money, feels nice, bit thicker than the cc-uk one. Neck a bit high IMO for a “summer jesrsey” and fit is actually a bit too “executive” for me (bit loose round the middle and arms a tiny bit short). Got it q cheap, so keeping it.

ALso bought an Edura burner 3/4 sleeve top for mtbing in California. Pretty much plain white, very light & meshy bits, nice fit, should work well I think. Ordered another one

Thanks

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Roadie tops – long sleeved but thin ?’ is closed to new replies.