Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Roadie Q: Will Crud Roadrace guards fit 25mm Conti tyres on a Boardman Team?
  • poppa
    Free Member

Fed up of crap covering me/my bike. I hear these are the dogs-doodahs but I'm not sure if they will fit. If anyone has any experience/comments I would be very grateful to hear it/them! My set up is this:

– Boardman Team (alu)
    – 25mm Continental Ultra Gatorskins
    – Tektro single pivot brakes

IIRC the gaurds are sold as being compatible with 25mm tyres, but I seem to remember a lot of complaints about them being fiddly to set up. On the other hand I also believe that the Conti's don't come up wide for a 25mm tyre.

If anyone has experience of similar tyre combos in particular I would be v.v.interested!

J0N
    Free Member

Shouldn't be a problem. I'm running 28s on my bike and there is enough clearance.
    Roadracers are simple as to set up.

poppa
    Free Member

Thanks for that. Still interested in hearing more views though, some of the comments on the Bikeradar review were pretty negative regarding 25mm tyres!

crikey
    Free Member

They are really easy to set up, the crucial dimension is the 'tallness' of the tyre on the rim. Because the frame decides how high off the tyre the 'guard will sit, if you've got 28s on you'll probably be ok. I use them with 23s cos that's all that will fit on my frame.

crikey
    Free Member

They are really easy to set up, the crucial dimension is the 'tallness' of the tyre on the rim. Because the frame decides how high off the tyre the 'guard will sit, if you've got 28s on you'll probably be ok. I use them with 23s cos that's all that will fit on my frame.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I'd be amazed if you have any problems. I fitted them to a very tight clearance frame with 23mm tyres and there is quite a bit of space for bigger tyres.

BB

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Roadie Q: Will Crud Roadrace guards fit 25mm Conti tyres on a Boardman Team?’ is closed to new replies.