Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Roadie Q – peaks climbs
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m doing a charity ride on Saunday, the Cat n’ Fiddle.

We ride out from Brian Roukes in Stoke, up the Cat from Macc side and down towards Leek then up over Axe edge and back to Stoke.

I’ve never ridden the roads round there, what are the climbs like on a scale of 1 to 10 of toughness.

RealMan
    Free Member

Compared to Holland? 10.

Compared to the Alps? 1.

Have fun 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

Useful answer there

simondbarnes

About 3

sambob
    Free Member

I’d be more worried about stupid bikers (just some are stupid, not all) than the toughness of the climbs, but most are fairly easy, just drag on a bit.

carlos
    Free Member

+1^^

They’re exposed when windy and can feel much worse and they seem to drag from the constant elevation gain, but not particually steep. Takes around 30 mins from Macc station to the Cat & Fiddle on a steady pootle.

Just be mindful as the roads a known biatch for traffic.

amodicumofgnar

The bikes had slowed off a bit with the new constant speed camera monitoring but the flaw in the system caused by the old buxton road not being correctly monitored has sc3w3d the calculations up a bit. Shorter road + higher speed limit means the camera thinks you’ve been speeding rather than short cutting.

Start of the summer it was a really pleasant run up from the macc side. Last time I was over bikes seemed to be back to usual mission speeds approaching from the West. Current game seems to be come in faster than the speed of thought to the pub, spin round and run away down again.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I’ve driven the roads loads so will be most mindful of turbo-weekend-nutters

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Roadie Q – peaks climbs’ is closed to new replies.