Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Roadie pro team kit…?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Yes, no or each to their own.?

Seems to be a big no no in our club but see plenty of other folks out in the pro team kit. I personally can’t bring myself to do it but would/ do you.?

thomthumb
    Free Member

jerseys are fine
    jersey and cap shows you can co-ordinate
    jersey and socks shows you can co-ordinate
    jersey and shorts looks a bit sad.

full team kit to match the bike always looks very try hard.

MSP

Retro kit that looks like its done thousands of miles up alpine passes and had virtually all the colour bleached out of it by blistering sunlight is OK, everything else looks pathetic.

RealMan
    Free Member

If you’re not part of a team yourself, wear whatever you want 🙂

huw
    Free Member

The Rules

🙂

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

If you want to wear it then why not. If people want to judge you on a piece of clothing then it’s their problem.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I wear it…i’m out in public wearing lycra its not like i will look like more of a tool by having htc highroad or euskatel written on my top!

I dont tend to wear the shorts though never found them as comfortable as a good quality pair.

DezB
    Free Member

I personally think its a bit weird. A bit wannabe.
    Like the people who wear football shirts with a professional’s name on the back…
    Couldn’t do it myself.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve got a signed team cervelo long sleeve jersey by Carlos Sastre , I wear that and I wear a Euskatel long sleeve too. Black shorts always. Then there’s the Rapha stuff I normally wear..but that’s a whole other bucket of spanials

hilldodger
    Free Member

Don’t bother with shorts, but a nice bright team jersey shows up well on the road – I usually just buy what’s on offer at Prendas…..

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Why not? We have a number of team kits as well as local club kit. Always gives people a laugh when we’re playing Andy and Fabian on tandem, esp when going full chat.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Don’t have a problem with someone wearing team kit but I wouldn’t wear it myself. TdF replica yellow/polka dot/green shirts, though…….. 😐
    Saying that, if Big Jeff wants to wear an Eng-ur-land shirt to the pub, well, why not? S’only a shirt.

warton
    Free Member

when you can get last years team kit for 20 quid a jersey why not?
    my last two have been a liquidas jersey for 25 and a quickstep for 20 quid. good quality and good fit.

vinnyeh

If you’re not part of a team yourself, wear whatever you want

Yes, but some things need to be earned, not bought…

RealMan
    Free Member

Do you have that picture bookmarked or something? 😯 Quite concerned here. 🙂

Besides, that jersey was a gift from someone who obviously thought I deserved it.. Which is far closer to earning it then buying it.. 😉

Also it’s sick, I love it. Haven’t worn it in a while though, need to dig it out.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

no better than wearing football kit.

juan
    Free Member

Haven’t worn it in a while though

Yup it’s called puberty. Growing a bit taller is normal don’t stress yourself too much about it.

MrSmith
    Free Member

(all IMHO)
    club kit or plain kit, the odd bit of team kit but the full ensemble is usually not a good look, especially the rubbish kit like FDJ etc as it just looks like you shop out of the bargain bin.

retro/old team kit is fine as it usually looks better, the jury is out on mapei, a cap is fine but not the whole kit.

i wear this ‘team’ jersey now and again but mainly because it’s got decent zipped pockets and fits me well

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Yes! But jersey only.

mrmo
    Free Member

the jury is out on mapei,

some Mapei kit is almost tasteful the bricobi kit which i have is about as subtle as a brick. It is warm though so makes a decent winter top.

RealMan
    Free Member

Yup it’s called puberty. Growing a bit taller is normal don’t stress yourself too much about it.

😆 It was always a little big anyway, probably fits even better now 😀

meehaja
    Free Member

Last sportive I did there was a “larger man” on a pinnarello, in full team sky kit, World cup striped oakleys and generally looking quite the fool. But for the most part, yeah, wear what you want! I have a KOM jersey, it was a gift from my mum and I like it!

alpin
    Free Member

juan – Member

Haven’t worn it in a while though

i laughed.

FuzzyWuzzy

Can’t say it bothers me what others wear, as long as it’s not white shorts that either well-worn or stretched over a fat ass so they’re see-through. That said I wouldn’t wear TdF jerseys, world champs or GB kit as they’re earned IMO. Also I generally support individual riders rather than teams + most team kit looks pretty gash so avoid (plus it’s usually average quality stuff with an over-inflated price tag – anyone that thinks they’re wearing the same jersey as Wiggo et al ride in are sadly mistaken).

mudshark
    Free Member

Not for me but the less well known the better – nice to be niche. So anything worn but Lance is out. Sky best avoided too really IMO; especially having seen a number of chubby MAMILs squeezing themselves into Sky kit at the Dragon Ride.

oddjob
    Free Member

I’m horrified by how many of you are riding without shorts 😯

Speeder

Why would I pay to advertise someone else’s sponsors? Never have got that . . . . .

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I have a couple of team jerseys – they’re 30-35 quid compared to the £70 or so they charge for an identical Castelli top with no team branding.

will
    Free Member

Guess your bike & components have no brand names on either then Speeder 😉

I’ll wear the bibs, got a pair of Rabbobank ones, and Giant Team ones. But to be honest it’s more the fit as to why I wear them, I find them very comfortable, and cheap compared to other high end Lycra.

Having said that much prefer riding in the club kit.

carbon337
    Free Member

Club gear, Rapha or Castelli only. Moving onto Etxeondo now too.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I have loads of team jerseys, great way of getting a good jersey cheap when the kit changes. Same goes for shorts if they have a decent pad.

I have a couple of pairs of radioshack bib shorts (nike ones) with the expensive pad I use all winter under tights.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Why would I pay to advertise someone else’s sponsors? Never have got that . . . . .

Large logos are a great way of hiding Moobs.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Jersey wise I would/do wear

but wouldn’t wear (I have done before, but not now)

It’s nice and it’s old but it says too much.

Got them secondhand in Convent garden years ago.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

So what’s your fav team kit?

Much to someones disappointment above, I rather like the FDJ kit and Sky’s would be good if it didnt say Sky all over it 🙄

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

This is my current fav, and a medium too. 😀

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

NO ONE HAS POSTED THIS YET, THE FORUM IS SLACKING!!!!!!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

atlaz
    Free Member

I won a set of BMC kit a few years ago. I only have a few sets of bibs so will go out in the full lot at times as I think team shorts with random jersey looks strange. Most of the time it’s cheaper stuff, some PX for winter and rapha jerseys for summer.

Loads of people around here ride in last year’s Leopard or this years Radioshack kit. Sometimes it’s someone from the junior team or RSNT, for the most part it’s chubby blokes on touring bikes.

midlifecrashes

PSA: The Adidas outlet store at Doncaster (Lakeside Village) has Sky and Team GB kit cheap at the minute. I saw it was in on Saturday but was in a rush and didn’t have time to have a proper look at what’s there.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Roadie pro team kit…?’ is closed to new replies.