Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Roadie-ish content – which disc brakes?
  • lawman91

Taking delivery of my new Genesis Datum 10 next week, originally had a 20 on order but got fed up of waiting for it to arrive so when a 10 came up in my size I jumped on it!! Everything bar the drivetrain and brakes are identical between the two models but I’m unsure on the TRP HY/RD brakes as I was originally wanting the 20 which came with Shimano hydraulics and 11-speed 105 as opposed to the 10 speed tiagra and TRP brakes on the 20. I guess my question is need I be worried? Is it worth upgrading to the shimanos now and flog the TRP/tiagra mix? Merlin have great deals on the shimanos at the minute so I’m tempted as it wouldn’t cost a huge amount, but at the same time if folks say the TRP’s are the best thing since sliced bread it might be money down the drain… Thoughts?

benji
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with the trp setup it works, but if you going to change and sell on the old setup, you might get more for them unused and straight off a bike rather than a couple of months down the line. Full hydraulics should keep feeling nice when the other needs new cables. Those trp are finicky to set up and bleed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Roadie-ish content – which disc brakes?’ is closed to new replies.