Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Roadie iPhone 6 Plus users. How do you store yours on rides?
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

Been using a zip lock bag for this, but it would be nice to have a better solution. Anyone have an alternative for storing the phone in a back jersey pocket?

Looked at the Crumpler Base Layers. £17.90 delivered smarts a little bit. Any alternatives I should check please?

peteimpreza

Fits in my jersey pockets no problem wrapped in a spare buff .

No issues for over 18 months .

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I’ll probably take the buff out and cry as it falls out and onto the floor!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Real roadies have a lightweight phone for racing, an aero one for time trials, one with guards for winter and one of these for L’Eroica.

Embrace it, get more phones… N+1, innit.

drofluf
    Free Member

I just put it in my jersey pocket in its case but a quick Google for “neoprene iPhone case” shows some cheaper alternatives

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I got one of those neoprene ones for running but they’re really awful. It starts bunching because it’s so cheap and nasty in about 5 seconds and for some reason smells of kerosene oil to me!

Perhaps I should “invest” in the Crumpler.

hooli

After losing a phone a while back, I now only buy jerseys with a zip pocket so phone and keys go in there. If it is wet, in a ziplock bag.

lunge

Clear plastic pencil case for me. Phone fits perfectly, and has plenty of space to throw in a card, some cash and some ID too. Plus it’s cheap, fits nicely in a jersey pocket and is waterproof enough that I don’t worry about a bit of rain or puddles splashing up my back.

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Castelli arm/leg warmers come in really handy ziplock bags that are probably big enough.

I have a standard 6S that fits in a Rapha Essentials case but it still gets a lot of condensation on it. I bought a pack of 5 sealable bags of ebay in just the right size – they cost pennies and work perfectly.

Shred
    Free Member

I’ve used one of these for the last 5-6 years BeachBuoy

Mine is now getting quite old and the seals are giving up, so its probably time for a new one.

Jenko
    Free Member

http://www.exped.com/international/en/product-category/packsacks/fold-drybag-ul-xxs-lime

Totally waterproof and wraps around the phone providing adequate protection. Also handy to stick a £20 note.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Bit on the large side isn’t it? Will it fit in a jersey pocket?

scuttler

Nappy sack. Ultra light and deffo water proof as it keeps the Fukushima-like levels of toxicity of my 1 year old in check.

Otherwise Ikea ziplock bags are worth picking up (in all sizes) next time you’re obliged to go shopping for an Ogboggy sofa.

lunge

Done.

andysredmini
    Free Member

After trying loads of cases and waterproof bags for the last year or so I have used ikea food bags. The larger green one is the perfect size for my 6s plus and they are cheap but last a few rides.
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00233778/
    I just put the phone in the back pocket of what ever jersey I’m wearing. I still use the them on dry days and commuting because the phone gets almost as wet from sweat as it would from a bit of road spray.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also shows handy fast access food carrier for gels etc.

Sandwich

I use the Exped bag linked above. It will allow you to activate apps through it as I discovered when running.

mrblobby
    Free Member

In a freezer bag.

If I was feeling flush and fancy I’d probably get one of these Bellroy cases.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Are they any bigger than a Smasung Galaxy S6? If not then it will fit in a Lezyne Phone wallet just fine and dandy and they’re pretty grippy on the outside and won’t come out of a jersey pocket.

You can also get a few cards, cash and your house key in it.

wilburt
    Free Member

Hard Drive case, £5 from Maplin.

bails

I’ve got a Shock Sock. Neoprene case, less than a tenner iirc. Doesn’t smell of kerosene 😕

peteimpreza

“Bit on the large side isn’t it? Will it fit in a jersey pocket? “

Yes it does on all my Assos jerseys and it has never fallen out on either a road or MTB ride .

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Lezyne is too small.

Shock sock looks interesting, but how waterproof is it?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Roadie iPhone 6 Plus users. How do you store yours on rides?’ is closed to new replies.