Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Roadie Disc Hubs
  • Joe

Want to build a new set of road/training/touring wheels for an ultegra hydro setup. Would prefer DT Swiss… but can’t seem to figure out if either the 180 or 240 come in a centre lock/qr combo; can only see the bolt through option on the DT website.

Are there any other offerings from anyone else in shimano 11 speed configuration?

Daffy

Chris King.

mrblobby
    Free Member

If you look at the details of the DT hubs you’ll see they include QR end caps.

jonba
    Free Member

Hope, novatech

Mowgli
    Free Member

My info is about 18 months out of date, but at the time the only* option for 11 speed disc was Shimano CX75. Not fancy, but nice hubs and well priced. Came with QR and centrelock.

*assuming you don’t want a noisy Hope hub on a road bike

mrblobby
    Free Member

These ones…

https://www.dtswiss.com/Components/Hubs-Road/240s-db

If you scroll down…

Included 5/100 mm endcaps, 12/100 mm endcaps

Same for the 180. The 350 don’t seem to have them included, maybe you need to buy them as extras.

Oh and the rear 240’s come with 5/135mm endcaps too…

https://www.dtswiss.com/Components/Hubs-Road/240s-db-en

highlandman
    Free Member

How about Circus Monkey hubs direct from China?
    A bit like DX lights, but without the batteries and dodgy charger…
    They appear to be ‘loosely’ based on Hope Pro2 in terms of function and serviceability and are a bit lighter, with more metal shaved off; the Mrs has had a pair for three years of fair to considerable road, commute and touring use and they’re fine so far. MTBR forum describes some reliability issues but I gather these are from hard off-road use, which they’re a bit soft for.

faustus

Superstar Switch Ultralite are available with 11 speed road freehub option, and includes spacer for mtb 11 or 10 spd. You choose the end caps you want and other options to buy. Not as nice as CK or DT but pretty good value though.

matts
    Free Member

I have been running Novatecs 771/772 on my Tripster for the last year. They have been great.

If I was feeling really flush, I would go for the White Industries CLD.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Hunt wheels?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Roadie Disc Hubs’ is closed to new replies.