Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Road/cx bike sizing help
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

In the past I’ve struggled with drop bars as I always feel like I’m too far over the front and end up with a sore neck and shoulders

Should I look at going a size up to what’s recommended for my height? Or just look at frames with long headtubes?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I’d recommend going to a decent shop that do bike fitting.
    Even if it’s only the basics, its amazing how badly some bikes appear to be set up for some riders.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There is no right size. I’m 6’2″ and ride a 52cm Ridley cx bike. I laughed too when the guy from Ridley told me to try it, fits great though.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

6’2 on a 52cm Ridley?
    That does sound so wrong!

I’m 5’8 & rode a 52.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks all

Jamie
    Free Member

What size are you, James? Also, you need to make the distinction between whether you want a CX or a road bike, as they will fit slightly different.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

6 feet tall, average leg length, would prefer a more heads-up position although appreciate it won’t be the same as a MTB

TiRed

Look for a 55-56cm top tube. For Road, you are a 54/56 for most frames and and a M for a TCR and TCX and a M/L for a Giant Defy. For CX, size down as they do seem to come up big. 54cm would be about right for CAADX, Kona Jake and TCX. You can always change stems, and (gasp) flip them for a more upright position.

If your shoulders feel hunched your stem is too long or your bike is too big or you do not have the flexibility to rotate further forwards at the hips.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Road/cx bike sizing help’ is closed to new replies.