Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Road World Champs course
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

It usually seems to suit classics or sprint riders. Wouldn’t it be fair to have a climbers course some years?

mikey74
    Free Member

I believe next years is more of a hilly course

iDave
    Free Member

I was at the 1995 one in Columbia, not very sprinter friendly.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Medrisio 2009. Pancake flat 😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUplAPmV61I&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

emanuel
    Free Member

it was in denmark,the highest ‘col’ is 300m.
    I saw the course on youtube,courtesy of the norwegian cycling fed.
    (only ‘cos I’m thinking of moving to cph,but the riding looks shite-both road and mtb)

aracer
    Free Member

Though if you’re talking about something which favours riders who are good at 30minute+ climbs at high altitude, then it’s not going to happen due to the circuit nature of a world’s course.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Last years course in Australia had one nasty hill repeated a fair few times. Thor won it, and given his performance in the hills at this years Tour is fair to say climber rider won.

However the likelihood of see the pack climb a “real” col is quite small I’d say, especially as they are lap based courses, not point to point, (excluding Aus last year)

mattsccm
    Free Member

Must be hard to plan . If you make it hilly you know that your sprinters will not win or even turn up. Make it dead flat and your climbers won’t. Make it rolling and it might as well be flat until rolling becomes hilly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Road World Champs course’ is closed to new replies.