Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Road winter training camps
  • DT78
    Free Member

Anyone done one of these? Any recommendations? Would be ideal if they also catered for non cycling partner.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just do your usual rides. But make sure you keep it in the 39 and you breathe through your nose.

jonba
    Free Member

Can you not just book yourself in for some winter sun? I know a few friends have booked places in the Canary Islands. Gone out for a hard ride in the mountains in the morning and then spent the rest of the day with family.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    weeble
    Free Member

I go out to the Costa Blanca. My old mon lives out there so already got a bike out there and base and family activities sorted

DT78
    Free Member

I meant away somewhere like Majorca in Feb. I would like to do it as part of a guided group if possible, but also cater for my wife who doesn’t want to ride. Doesn’t seem to be many (reasonably priced) offers out there, anyone recommend any tour providers to take a looks at?

deets

As others have said, just go on holiday with the other half but plan some routes and take your bike. I’m rubbish at sunbathing and sitting around all day doing nothing (unlike her) so she’s happy for me to be out for the morning.

I’ve done Tenerife in Easter and October and it was amazing (if you like cycling up hill for 25 miles) and have just come back from some lovely warm cycling in Andalusia. It’s all about the route planning I reckon. My thoughts on the climate and lack of decent mapping for Spain on my blog…

jkomo

In Greece (Paros), I’m up and out before they wake up. 8 miles solid climb of 3000ft on old rigid mtb, then straight back.
    2hrs and I’m bearable for the rest of the day.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Road winter training camps’ is closed to new replies.