Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Road, winter bibs, not Assos/Rapha*
  • scratch
    Free Member

*Unless I can find much sales cheapness

Stated on a thread yesterday, All my DHB ones have had the pad come unstitched, so I’m not that keen to purchase another pair only for the same to happen, maybe it’s just me, a rear guard would help maybe….

So, Giadona, Gore, De Marchi, Endura, Lusso, Castelli, Shutt VR etc, any tips?

Heading towards Giodana at the mo but maybe above the Silverline stuff, tempted with Shutt as there British.

headfirst
    Free Member

MrSmith
    Free Member

Le Col although the rapha ones are very good.

ratherbeintobago

Castelli not much cheaper than Assos/Rapha, surely?

Enduras look good, and also British.

Andy

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Castelli sorpasso but as above no cheaper than assos and rapha, which are both excellent. Gore also coming in at a similar price.

I have a shutt vr yersey, its all right, nothing extra special.

scratch
    Free Member

I’d not looked at the cost of the Castelli’s, I presumed they were below the big two.

Also, maybe it’s just me again, but the amount of riders I’ve had to sit behind with the arse worn out the back of their Assos shorts, maybe they just want their monies worth…

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Casteli is expensive kit, but very very good. It is less expensive than rapha/assos and similar to gore pricing.

Spud

Had a pair of Santini H2O bib longs from Prendas for 3 weeks now and they’re great. Very good advice when buying too. Otherwise for the money I’m quite impressed with the longs from Ridebosh. Also have Rapha (sale purchase).

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Last set of Enduras I bought were an odd fit – too tight on the knees, so flogged them on. Now running Giordanas which are much better. Not super warm though.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Isn’t some of your choice going to come down to what actually fits you? Not all bibshorts are sized/cut the same.

ourmaninthenorth

I have spent several years using a pair of Decathlon windproof bibs (pad fell out long ago, so just did usual shorts inside routine).

I picked myself up a pair of Rapha deep winter bibs in their Manchester sale in the summer. Have yet to use them, though might if the forecast remains the same this weekend.

But, for the price, the Decathlon pair were excellent..!

scratch
    Free Member

@CTZN, Good point! I’m in the Darkest Welsh vallies so good roadie shops are few and far between, there’s one nearby I’ve been meaning to pop into though, usually it’s all mail order and hope for the best.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Cyclestore have a decent reductions on on the Cipolini gear….sadly it is understated and doesnt come in zebra print 🙁

righog
    Free Member

I was given a pair from the Fuji Servetto team a few years ago ( from another sponsor company) can’t remember the make, they are fine and I guess they were expensive.

But I prefer the ones I bought from Aldi* for £18. Not seen them for sale since, but will snap up another pair if they ever come back in.

reason for posting this is to say don’t dismiss the cheap ones just because they are cheap.

* possibly due to the fuji ones being powder blue and the Aldi ones being black 🙂

scratch
    Free Member

I have terrible terrible memories from riding off road from Machynlleth to Llandovery one year after the Dyfi in Aldi cycling shorts, never again! 😀

warton
    Free Member

DhB winter tights are very good. I have two pairs.

tang
    Free Member

Le col are fantastic but not cheap. Gore?

fontmoss
    Free Member

I’m using my normal bibs with dhb unpadded bib tights over the top, they’re not rapha/castelli quality or fit but they were only £17

peteimpreza
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Road, winter bibs, not Assos/Rapha*’ is closed to new replies.