Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Road wheels question?
  • robidoo
    Free Member

Just got a road bike had it about 2 months it’s a Cube Peloton race btw.
    Real happy with the bike and spec however every time I go for a ride a couple of spokes in the rear wheel come loose and I mean flapping loose.
    the wheelset is an Easton EA30 Aero Custom, but one side is laced the normal way but the other is radial laced, is this where my problem lies?
    Should I look to getting them re-laced?

Cheers.

jonba
    Free Member

Take it back to where you bought it? Or take it do a decent shop with someone who knows about wheels. Something is wrong.

robidoo
    Free Member

Got it through the Halfords C2W don’t fancy taking them back there 😐

cynic-al
    Free Member

Warranty.

Or re tension.

lunge

Take it to a shop with a good wheel builder. If you’re in the midlands I know of just a place.

robidoo
    Free Member

Think al take to my lbs he is a real good wheel builder and charges naff-all but it’s a slow turn round.
    I will tell him I want them for this Sunday so I can join my local road club (which he runs) on my first ride out. If its owt like mtb they will love some fresh meat.

aP
    Free Member

I’ve been using 16/20 radial/2cross-radial Campag Electron wheels since 1998. They’ve been completely trouble free for all that time – probably 15-20,000 miles – right up until 3 weeks ago when I got clipped by a car that attempted to drive through me in a bus lane.
    I think that you’ve just got a poorly built set of wheels.

mboy
    Free Member

Back to the shop, if you’ve only had it 2 months they should be more than happy to give it a proper re-tension and true up for you.

If not, then you know not to take your business back there again to be honest!

EDIT: Don’t worry about radial lacing on anything except for the drive side on the rear wheel on road bikes. Radial is fine as you’ve not got disc brakes exerting any forces through the spokes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Road wheels question?’ is closed to new replies.