Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Road wheels. Consumer or handmade ?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

I need a spare pair of road wheels (disc).

since Tuesday ive been without my work commute bike because the bearings need replacing.its a pinnacle arkose disc. I have also just had a new Giant defy advanced disc bike for the weekend. so I want a pair of road wheels that I can have as spare so I’m never without a bike. all ill need to do is swap the cassette over.

I’m a tall guy 95kg so they need to be strong. I like the look of mavic pro disc but slightly out of my budget. I’m still looking for a good deal???!!

brooess
    Free Member

I have some Campag factory wheels which have been 100% problem-free for 4 years and a pair of Hope hoops on my winter bike which have been problem-free for 3 winters now.
    I also have some Condor wheels on my commuter which were handbuilt and had no problems either. Overall I reckon if you pay a decent sum you’ll be ok. I generally try and get wheels with spokes that can be easily replaced by any LBS which I’m not sure you get on some factory wheels

jacob46
    Free Member

that’s exactly what handcraftedwheels said to me about mavic. I love their pro disc set at £700+

the archetypes with hope hubs do sound a bargain. I think I get taken in by fancy decals!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cannondaleking
    Free Member

Sound advice from handcraftedwheels there dude

jacob46
    Free Member

Top bloke!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Road wheels. Consumer or handmade ?’ is closed to new replies.