Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • (ROAD) what (retro)Steel/carbon rear/zertz/comfy Climber?
  • roady_tony
    Free Member

Hi all,

after the recent death of my lovely stiff light road frame, need to replace it with another, but

i’m gettin’ old!!!!!!
    need something comfy as i found i was getting really beat up on my roady as it was so stiff, and these D&G roads are so crappy or made from that crappy tarmac/chip/gravel stuff…. i’d moved up to 25c tyres, carbon seat and stems but it was still pretty bad.

I’d appreciate any opinions on frames with carbon rear stays?
    ZERTZ inserts?
    roubaix etc?
    can i really get a decent climber thats comfy?

any options welcomed – THANKS!

mudsux
    Free Member

Kona Deluxe?

A bit retro. Carbon Rear. Steel tubes. Comfy.
    The frames are available at CRC at the mo.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Just got my first road bike a couple of months ago, one of These

It has carbon seatstays and forks and an alu frame. Lush retro looks.

Can’t really compare it to other road bikes, but coming from riding a Cotic Roadrat on the road, or a full sus off it, I haven’t noticed any of the discomfort I was expecting from a mostly aluminium frame. I’d say it was exceptionally comfortable. And that’s on the Isle of Wight where the roads are in a bit of a state.

You’ll have to be quick though and snap up one of the last 2011 ones, cos they’ve ditched the carbon seatstays for an all-aluminium frame for 2012.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Dunno what your budget is but I have a Cervelo RS and it is luvverly. Comfy and light.
    I don’t know how you are defining a decent climber as that is so much about the engine, but the cervelo is certainly stiff in all the right places, whilst being comfy.

ourmaninthenorth

C59 for the true all rounder, of course..!

Thought about something modern and steel – a 953 Rourke?

titusrider
    Free Member

Would point you towards the cannondale synapse range. About as comfy as a fast road bike gets and designed to do everything you mention. They consistently get good write Ups and although sometimes don’t have the best components for the money are a quality frame that is reasonable value and worthy of upgrades.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘(ROAD) what (retro)Steel/carbon rear/zertz/comfy Climber?’ is closed to new replies.