Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Road tyres with skin walls
  • lunge

Morning all,

For no other reason than that I am a tart and think they look great, I am after a pair of road tyres (23 or 25mm) with skin walls to go on the new wheels I have. I had an old pair of Challenge Forte’s that looked the absolute business but alas they have now died.

I’ve found there Veloflex Master’s on Planet-X, any other ideas?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I thought you could’ve filled yer boots at http://www.rivbike.com/700c-Tires-s/110.htm for that sort of crap but alas no!

No idea otherwise – tried Ribble et al?

lunge

They could work Swedish Chef, bar the fact they are a little expensive and there is only 1 in stock…

FuzzyWuzzy

I would have said stick with Challenge ones (Evans have a decent range of them) but not sure if they exceed your budget

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

They however very very good tyres!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I’m running 20mm Veloflex Masters on my TT bike and couples with a Conti Supersonic tube they roll fantastically well. So much faster than the GP4000s tyres I had on previously. Look really good too. Only downside to them is the wear rate isn’t that good. Claimed life is Front 6000km and Rear 3000km.

sanername

I ordered the veloflexs from planet-x without realising how thin they were, but now they are on the bike and I’m riding them, I don’t notice how thin they are, they ride beautifully.

cookeaa

Funnily enough I noticed these when browsing CRC last night

Not sure how durable they are though, I did use the “Dynamic Sport Tyre” which I assume is of similar construction, for about 500 miles of commuting before it picked up a few too many cuts and was retired…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Road tyres with skin walls’ is closed to new replies.