Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Road tyres – 23mm or 25mm
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I see PX have got a good deal on some tyres. The 25mm version has sold out but there’s loads of the 23mm ones left. How does the difference translate in reality as I’m guessing for a slightly unfit MTB rider used to hauling around fat tyres I won’t notice any?

GW
    Free Member

I know I prefer 25s, you don’t, so why care what anyone else thinks?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

25s or 28s in winter, 23s everywhere else

atlaz
    Free Member

I know next to nothing about road bikes so it’s not preference, I just don’t know what the difference is. I’m asking so someone can give me some info to make a decision.

Mister-P
    Free Member

23s are alright, I commuted on them for thousands of miles. But my new build will be 25s for that little bit of extra comfort. If you are an MTB’er and not a dedicated road rider either will be alright.

GW
    Free Member

what do you weigh and what condition are the roads you ride?

oldgit
    Free Member

23s are fine all year round. Country lanes full of mud gravel and grit, potholes the lot. And some on/off road 100ks

25s do feel nice though.

atlaz
    Free Member

12.5 stone and it’s the lovely roads of Surrey, so knackered road surface for parts, decent at times.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Either or it makes very little difference. It’s 2mm ffs. 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

As the actress said to the Bishop.

RealMan
    Free Member

How good a deal? I think ribble are still doing conti gp4000s for less then £25 each, which is brilliant.

23s all year round for me. Lighter, faster, etc.

atlaz
    Free Member

6 quid for schwalbe blizzard sports

mrmo
    Free Member

might be worth looking closely at your usage, i know my bike won’t take 25’s and mudguards. there is simply not enough clearance through the brakes.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Road tyres – 23mm or 25mm’ is closed to new replies.