Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Road tyre advice please – Vittoria G+, Conti GP4000S II or Schwalbe One Tubeless
  • Jungli
    Free Member

Hi guys

Any recommendations please?

Thanks

J

mrblobby
    Free Member

Specialized Turbo Cotton.

beej

I’ve got the Schwalbe One tubeless, and I’m very impressed. Then again, I’ve not really done a back to back test with the others so they may be even better. Or worse. I dunno.

globalti
    Free Member

Veloflex Open Corsas, the nearest thing you can get to tubs in a clincher. Fabulously smooth, amazingly grippy and affordable at £54 a pair from Ribble and now Wiggle. I can never go back to any other tyre.

Sam

Good shout on Veloflex at that price. I was on Vittoria Open Corsa SC until recently and they were lovely but a little fragile for these parts – great fine weather and race tyres though. Now on some Rubino Pro G+ and they are definitely a little more agricultural but seem quite bombproof so far.

Sam

Oh, and as MrB said – Turbos are supposed to be excellent but I can’t get them at trade so haven’t tried them 🙂

Vortexracing

I have used conti GP4000s and now using Schwalbe tubeless.

Schwalbe for the win from me 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Turbo Cottons are delicious, and skinwall so they’re 35.9% better.

My LBS has a One Tubless set up on a rim on the shop floor to show off with. It’s been there well over a year, topped up with sealant a few times. At least five times a day, it’s punctured with an awl, and it just keeps sealing itself up again. It still looks pretty much rideable.

That, for me, is very, very impressive.

Doesn’t come in a skinwall, though. 🙁

cloudnine
    Free Member

If you can run tubeless go with the pro ones

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Schwalbe Pro one tubeless.
    I have been using 25 and 28mm.
    Been fantastic with the 28mm having the slight edge for comfort as well as speed.
    Thanks,
    Max

singletrackmind

I snapped 3 plastic tyre levers trying to mount a Pro1 tubeless on to some Pacenti rims.
    I might be cutting it off.

TiRed

Corsa G+. I’m also running Tubeless Schwalbe Ones (first generation), the Corsas just feel so much better. I haven’t run GP4000’s yet, but may try some.

Not easy keeping those skinwalls clean though.

jamiep
    Free Member

Michelin Pro4 Service Course are now only £35/pair at Decathlon

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 the pro one tubeless
    +1 they are tight

fifeandy
    Free Member

Do you need them for racing?
    If not, get a quality set of training tyres instead. You’ll go 0.5mph slower and save yourself time at the side of the road fitting new tubes.

Been running pro4 endurance (rebadged krylion carbon) for years for everything from fast(22mph) group rides to sportives to the alps. Never felt they’ve held me back, and 2 punctures in around 10k miles. They tend to square off and get a bit slower around 3k miles so get changed then.

scaredypants

pro one tubeless disappointing for me – four punctures in about 300 miles, worse than I’ve ever had with inner tubes. Granted, the roads are flinty but the older schwalbe ones did loads of tubeless miles with hardly a problem

I’m still convinced by tubeless but I’m looking at something a bit heavier than those things

mtbtomo
    Free Member

+1 for Pro One!

23mm and 25mm here and they size up large.

ctk
    Free Member

I like the Michelin pro4 aswell (25mm) next wheels/tyres will be tubeless though.

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

Just mounted up 28c Pro 1’s, coming from 23c then 25c GP4000s. The Pro 1 measures just over 30mm (18mm int rim), and look rather beefy beside the 25c Conti that measures 27mm.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Road tyre advice please – Vittoria G+, Conti GP4000S II or Schwalbe One Tubeless’ is closed to new replies.