Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • road tubeless, on stans rims.
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got some pre ex arch rims that I want to run with Hutchinson sector 28mm tubeless tyres.

Stans don’t seem to approve this combo but I’m not sure if they’ve tested it and it didn’t work or if they’ve just not tested it.

Can there really be much difference between the arch and the alpha? Anyone running this combo?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Evening crowd?

BadlyWiredDog

I don’t know how relevant it is, but I found I simply couldn’t fit a Hutchinson tubeless cross tyre (a fiver off eBay) to a set of Crest 29ers, though they’ll happily work with normal tyres. If you have the tyre already, you can always give it a go, but they may simply be dimensionally incompatible.

I ended up snapping the bead, which was no great issue given the cheap tyre, but I wouldn’t have wanted to kill a full-price new one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

Not only were these expensive but it wasn’t easy getting hold of them. Still, I can give it a try, I just know not to go too far. I suppose if they’re hard to get on, there’s less risk of them rolling off in use.

scaredypants

I’ve had ’em on chinese clincher rims and also on a fsa xc mtb 29er wheelset – neither of which is directly relevant to your question but …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘road tubeless, on stans rims.’ is closed to new replies.