Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Road Tubeless.. do you still carry a tube and pump??
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Tempt fate or boy scout?
    Just tempted to carry a Co2 can and multi-tool..

orangeboy
    Free Member

Still carry pump and tube but not co2

ds3000
    Free Member

Definitely, had 3 punctures over last couple of months – none of which sealed with Stan’s.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’d carry a pump over a co2.

sturmeyarcher

Yes, only needed them once in 5 years though. Make sure you can get the tubeless valve out, mine needed pliers to turn the lock nut the one time I needed to. I give it the occasional grease now.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

tube and CO2 here

integerspin
    Free Member

I have been out once in the last few years without a pump and repair outfit.
    As I was riding along I thought if I got a puncture I could go to Evans, buy
    a tube and borrow a pump. just turned into the perimeter road[gatwick] and I had a flat! I didn’t have any money, so no point in going to Evans. I rode home on the
    flat;-)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tube, co2 and two very small lezyne tyre levers.

bensales
    Free Member

I do, but it’s probably mostly out of habit. Given the fight my tyres were to get on the rims in a nice warm garage, I don’t think I’d be wanting to try getting a tube in by the side of the road.

Mobile phone and a credit card are likely more use than a tube and pump.

womp
    Free Member

Always carry a tube and co2, if I’m on a multi day ride I take a pump

The co2 drys out my sealant so it’s only of use with the tube, not topping up the tubless setup.

sheck

Just fitted some tubeless schwalbes… No way I reckon I could get them off the rim by the roadside to get a tube in… Can’t imagine you could use those anchovie plugs on road tyres either?

munkster
    Free Member

Just fitted some tubeless schwalbes… No way I reckon I could get them off the rim by the roadside to get a tube in… Can’t imagine you could use those anchovie plugs on road tyres either?

In general they *do* get easier to get on and off once they’ve been ridden and presuambly stretched a bit which is hard to believe after the inevitable struggle to get them on in the first place. I’ve recently bought some of the “anchovy” things so I do hope they’ll work by the roadside in the event I ever need them since I never carry a tube 😉 I carry a couple of CO2 cannisters figuring that if those don’t suffice then I won’t be seating a road tubeless tyre with my little road pump… Equally if it doesn’t self-seal there’s every chance it was a ride-ending event anyway, regardless of tyre technology. YMMV, but 6000 miles in now and it’s worked fine for me!

dingleberry
    Free Member

Don’t bother with a tube cos the tyres are such a struggle to get on and off I’d never manage/bother with it at the side of the road.

If you do get a puncture the tyre will lose a bit of pressure before it seals itself, so always worth carrying a small pump to top it up.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Road Tubeless.. do you still carry a tube and pump??’ is closed to new replies.