Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Road Tandems
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

At bit OT, but I’m in the market for a new road tandem. What else is there to look at apart from Cannondale’s? Got a limit of £2.5k, so that rules out some of the US manufactures, like Co-Motion. Thorn and Orbit seems a bit old fashioned and I’m not interested in anything Dawes have to offer! Any suggestions? Thanks all.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I was going to say dawes. good bikes for the money. What have you against them?

I personally would not have a Thorn due to their not wanting to fit discs to the front – they have their reasons but I would want discs every time.

aP
    Free Member

We’re very happy with our Dawes mtb tandem. Seems nice and stiff, certainly compares very favourably to Cannondale tandems we’ve ridden, and is much better than the Roberts tandem we borrowed a while ago.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RichT

We’ve got two mtb tandems, a Thorn and a Dawes, and I must say the ride of the Thorn is better than the Dawes and I don’t feel it is less stiff or heavier. Thorn also do many options and have a 100 day (?) trial, so don’t rule them out.

Cannondale always look lovely….

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

It’s just the galaxy looks dated compared with anything else. I already have a Dawes discovery twin and I haven’t been impressed with the build. Flaking paint and corrosion in the alloy frame oh and the front disc mount welded in the wrong place.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have to be the ‘dale then I think. You seem to have ruled everything else out.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Thanks TJ. Seems good value that. Think I’ll go for the 2009 model. Looks spankingly good in white and comes with 105. Thanks for your help.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Bob Jackson made one for the para-olympic team

Dolan also make them although you may have to ask

Trek did a very good one a couple of years ago

big_n_daft
    Free Member

there was one up for sale at the velodrome on the board as well

Alcorn, looked good

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Santana do a range of road tandems as well – but at a price!

A mere £11 500! there is a quad for £18000

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Road Tandems’ is closed to new replies.