Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • road sti help
  • karnali
    Free Member

building up the new road bike last night and cales the rh sti, but it woudl not pull any cable and so hence not work the rear mech. the nipple on the cable appeared to have settled intot he right spot. however i cannot now get the shifer to work at all and cannot get the cable out. the shifter was working fine on teh old bike and was clicking fine wen i intially tried to get it working.

Ant ideas on what has happened and how to get teh cable out to start the process again. if i need to take shifter apart what is the easiest way or any online guides would be useful

many thanks

13thfloormonk

Hmm.. I had a similar one recently but the cable nipple had actually missed its seat and had gotten trapped behind the main pivot (basically sitting where the cable exits the shifter body).

I couldn’t get it out as it needed some real force to push it through the shifter again, so I had to fish it out with a pair of needle nose pliers.

Have a look right inside the shifter and see where the cable nipple is.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wot he said. Dissembly beyond taking the for plate off is not generally advised!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘road sti help’ is closed to new replies.