• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by turq.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Road Safety Design and funding – help needed
  • scruff
    Free Member

I need some up to date information on road funding and design. Not motorways but all general road users ( cars, buses and trucks), not bike lanes.
    There’s some info on gov.uk and Google throws up alot. I’m especially specially after priorities for road safety with a reduction in public funds. Cheers.

turq

I work for Cycling UK as a cycling development officer based in Sefton Council as part of the Liverpool City Region, Merseyside basically.

I sit on a team (Merseyside Road Safety Partnership, as part of my role and we are tasked with reducing cycling casualties across the borough. We have a police task force specifically assigned to our remit and 3 other similar remits – pedestrians/motor cyclists and older road users. Each group have to find ways to address the specific issues. The funding comes from traffic offenses, particularly speeding fines – there is substantial money in this and no signs of it diminishing, however, at least in our area it is being put back into the right areas of improving things for all road users.

Contact your local authorities road safety team and see what they are doing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Road Safety Design and funding – help needed’ is closed to new replies.