• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by rone.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Road routes in Nottinghamshire
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

I’ve got a work training course between Mansfield and Newark next week and am planning on taking my road bike so I can make the most of the light evenings. I want to ride 20-30ish miles on Mon and Tue evenings. Can anyone suggest any good routes or areas/roads to avoid? If not I’ll just follow my nose, try not to get too lost and avoid the busy roads where possible! Thanks

MoreCashThanDash

Don’t know it that well, nicer down towards South well, closer to Mansfield is ex pit villages, some interesting places and drivers around there.

Ridewithgps etc may have routes to look at, or take a mountain or CX bike and play at Sherwood Pines?

joat

Bilsthorpe NCC or National Grid, Eakring? If so head towards/from Eakring, Kneesall, Laxton, Egmanton, Moorhouse, Norwell, Caunton, Maplebeck and back to Eakring. Rolling hills but nothing too serious and the roads are pretty quiet. If you want something a bit spicier, head towards Calverton and George’s lane, bank hill out of Woodborough and Oxton hill back towards Southwell. You have to use some main roads on this route but not very busy in the evenings by any means.

rone

Some nice lanes around back of Newark / Belvoir / Grantham

Or ride out towards Clumber Park – a few roads in Clumber.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Road routes in Nottinghamshire’ is closed to new replies.