Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Road riding todmorden area
  • Lankysprinter
    Free Member

I know it’s blessed with off road but what’s tod like for on road?
    We’re probably moving up there but want to check theres enough roads that aren’t mad busy or crazy steep- otherwise the wife won’t ride her bike!

Anyone to a good route I could try out? Maybe 50 mile or 30mile that could be an after work blast?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Lots – and i mean lots – of quiet little lanes and roads that wander off over the moors to various places, it’s actually a really good place to road ride.
    Thing is, whichever direction you take you are going UP pretty much straight away unless you stick to the main road along the valley. She’s going to have to get used to climbing i’m afraid.

Mind you, you could always take her along Church Lane just before Hebden Bridge, sure she’d be most voluble in her thanks afterwards! 😉

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

From a quick lok at google map and the zigzags in that road I’m guessing a it steep?! Looks on satellite like quite a few unmarked single track lanes which should be good for exploring
    Might pack a bike next time we go, thanks

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Church Lane is a real bitch of a climb – only done it once and didn’t know what was to come so i shot off ahead of my mate to try and beat another rider..

Of course, myself and the other chap blew up just before the summit whilst my mate cruised past ever so slowly and disappeared over the summit! 😆

B@rney
    Free Member

It’s as good as it gets. Agreed with muddy dwarf you do have to go up almost instantly but the hard work is worth it. There are some quality lanes out and around as well as rolling roads, swooping hills etc etc. Quiet on the tops too which is a big bonus, but can be windy at times. I’d gladly show you some loops, just let me know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Road riding todmorden area’ is closed to new replies.