Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • road riding – small pump or CO2 ?
  • tonyg2003

In the summer (or unless on an very big day out) 2xCO2. The reason why just CO2 – it’s a doddle to get back to 100psi. In the winter – minipump too – also used to pump up punctured inner tube to spot where the puncture has occurred and always 2x inner tubes in seatpack. In the winter getting going ASAP is sometimes important to stay warm.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Mr Blobby, nope!! Even more embarrassingly I payed for it! Needed 2 after discovering 4 week old gunge in the bottom of my other ones!

wilburt
    Free Member

Pump, park patches, lever, hex key a tenner and a small Nokia phone all go in an old sunglasses baggy and then my jersey pocket when riding. Your riding a bike not preparing for a combat mission.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Pump as it will work as many tomes as you want

as for the rules i dont care a saddle bag is more comfortable than stuffed pockets IME.

I also use a bum bag if i need to carry stuff

jfletch
    Free Member

The saddle bag rule is dumb IMO. You look way less “pro” with bulging pockets. But…

The bag needs to be very small and squeezed well under the saddle. Those flappy ones clamped to the rails and ganging out the back do look naff. Not as bad as a frame mounted pump but naff none the less.

iainc

Not as bad as a frame mounted pump but naff none the less

agreed, but have decided to get a stealth white Lezyne one which will blend into the white frame 🙂 I’d rather that than the risk of the one in my back pocket blending with my spine…..unlikely indeed but an avoidable risk IMO now. (I have used stuffed pockets for years, just reassessing a bit now after some tumbles)

hjghg5
    Free Member

Pump in a saddlebag with tubes, levers, multitool and an emergency gel for me. If I’m out on the bike I don’t tend to be in a massive hurry to get anywhere so I’m happy to take the time to pump it up.

And I break the rules in so many ways that a saddlebag is probably the least of my worries 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘road riding – small pump or CO2 ?’ is closed to new replies.