Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Road Rides From Earby
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Hello, It’s been a while since I’ve been on here but thought I’d dip my toe in and ask any locals around Earby, Barnoldswick of any good road ride loops for a shortish hour and a half two hour ride I can do preferably taking in a good cafe stop. I stayed at Broughton Hall for the Yorkshire TDF Grand Depart so roughly know the area. I know there is a good coffee shop in Skipton Bean Loved.

Staying in Earby with the family and plan to do rides early in the morning th n spending the rest of the day with them, would be nice to join a local club ride but doubt I’d get a pass for an evening ride as well.

Really enjoyed the area last time I visited and did some nice leg breaker rides and as I’m from North Wales I’m not afraid of hills. Thanks in advance.

Ado.

martinhutch

If you want Skipton as a midwayish point, minor roads from Thornton up to Gargrave – Hetton – Rylstone – Skipton – Carleton , then climb up onto the top road back along to Earby.

That must be about 15-20? You could extend it by turning to Embsay, Eastby then over Black Park to Bolton Abbey for cafe stop at the Cavendish Pavilion, then back via minor road parallel to A59 to Embsay and Skipton.

Two decent hills in the longer version. Perhaps not North Wales decent!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Great martinhutch I can plot the route on Garmin Connect or Strava.

If anyone has any rides they can point me to on Strava or gps downloads that would be a great help.

smokey_jo

Make sure to include Salterforth drag, it’s a beauty

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Looks like there are a few decent segments around Barnoldswick, any good coffee shops there?

whitestone
    Free Member

There’s a cafe (not a coffee shop) on the canal here http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=388893&Y=448202&A=Y&Z=115 but don’t know of any others in Barlick.

If you want to head westwards then go through Barlick, Gisburn, Bolton by Bowland, Grindleton then either out and back to Waddington (good cafe) or direct to Chatburn with another good cafe on the road up towards Downham then back via Rimington and Howgill to the A682, up the hill then back to Barlick via Brogden Lane.

If you want a bit further then from Waddington head SW to Bashall before turning right and heading to Whitewell then up the Hodder Valley to Slaidburn and back over to Bolton by Bowland. (Or if you like hills then over Waddington Fell)

Edit: If you really like hills then do all the roads that lead up in to the hills around Lothersdale and in and out of the village.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Road Rides From Earby’ is closed to new replies.