Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Road ride route from swansea???
  • BigCol
    Free Member

Hi all. Off to visit the outlaws next week. When we went back at Easter I took my MTB and did a couple of great rides including Afan. UNfortunately they don’t have a garage and so my bike had to go indoors, and after a mud related event the MTB is now banned 🙁

So what’s a good road ride to do. I can easily string together 30 miles around the gower I guess. Are there any classic loops into the black mountains? Is there a good route to Afan on a road bike so I can stop at the cafe (and at least look at some MTBs). I’ve been managed around 85 miles on road in the peaks every Sunday so similar length / challenge should be OK 🙂

Any help and gpx s most appreciated .

Col.

misterlee
    Free Member

Route4 (the celtic trail) will take you into Port Talbot. Afan is not far then. Some may be a little rough for a road bike though

gwaelod
    Free Member

Google for some of the Dragon Ride routes – there will be GPX of them available – I did the 2011 one it went past Afan/Glyncorrwg.

Classic South Wales Road climbs are the Bwlch and the Rhigos (just by the top of the Skyline) – the top loop from the 2011 Dragon (route below) will take you over both.

Routes Archive: Dragon Ride 2011 (Gran Fondo Route)

Getting out of swansea towards Neath strikes me as a awkward though – there’s some sort of shit cyclepath alongside the Amazon warehouse (presumably Route 4 of the laughably titled National Cycle Network), but I don’t know a good route – someone else may be able to help.

Gower roads have the potential to be shocking on a nice day in the school holidays

siontrack

http://connect.garmin.com/course/852106 up the black mountain is one of my favourite rides around here

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Ride through Felindre to the North, over to Garnswllt/Ammanford or through Clydach and over Betws Mountain.
    Depending on distance, either back through Gower or if you want a longer ride, go over the Black Mountain.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Road ride route from swansea???’ is closed to new replies.