Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Road ride round Arran
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Looking to do a road ride round Arran with a couple of guys on Sunday. We’re planning on doing a figure of 8 so should be around 80 miles. Never ridden on the island before so any tips on best way to go – clockwise or anti-clockwise. Also what’s the terrain like, is it a hilly route. I imagine rolling with no major climbs but I might be wrong.

footstomper
    Free Member

No major hills as I recall but it was a few years back! Just make sure that it isn’t going to start blowing a gale once you are there, 18 of us got stranded on the Island after the ferry turned back due to rough seas. luckily the youth hostel had some spare beds and a great hostess who took all of our cycling gear and dried it off in her own tumble drier 😛
    We went clockwise.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Memory slightly flawed by nearly 2 years elapsed but I remember it as mixed. The road up the North eastern side has a long climb then drop, either way as its sea level at the north and all down the east side. Undulating around the north tip and all down the west side and to some extent around the southern tip and back up the east coast to the ferry.
    The road over the middle has a long climb and drop as well. should be a nice ride but carry plenty of food and water as shops are rare. Take a camera.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gary_M
    Free Member

thanks folks, ferry back shouldn’t be a problem as only very slight winds forecast for Sunday. Clockwise is winning so far. Really looking forward to it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Road ride round Arran’ is closed to new replies.