Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Road Rage driver defeated by pleasant and logical cyclists
  • boxfish
    Free Member

billysugger
    Free Member

Where can I get that t shirt??

hora
    Free Member

Don’t muck about. Report him. He could have previous form or go onto actually kill someone then drive off.

Oh and kicking someones car is WRONG and can escelate with him driving into you.

Seriously. Report him. Otherwise you’ve just handed him a get out of jail free card.

talltom
    Free Member

+1 Where can I get that t shirt??

billysugger
    Free Member

I’d have nicked his disability badges then laughed every time I thought of his sorry arse having to walk 10 more paces into Tesco.

Seriously though where can I get that T-shirt??

EDIT You got a funeral to go to too talltom?

TheFlyingOx

where can I get that t-shirt?

Erm…. Dunno. I just mocked it up in GIMP a couple of months ago. Someone on here does t shirts I think? Shouldn’t be to hard to make a real one.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

TFO – you make that shirt and I’ll buy one!

The road tax one always amuses me – I mean, it’s emmisions based, so a cyclist wouldn’t pay for it anyway surely?

oldgit
    Free Member

As a driver it annoys me when cyclists take up a complete lane (or even an entire country road) and wont move into single file to allow cars past…i’m of the viewpoint that the car driver has hopefully paid tax to be on the road so as a cyclist i do the polite thing and always give cars right of way.

TJ Where did that come from.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

As a driver it annoys me when cyclists take up a complete lane (or even an entire country road) and wont move into single file to allow cars past…i’m of the viewpoint that the car driver has hopefully paid tax to be on the road so as a cyclist i do the polite thing and always give cars right of way.

Im really surprised at you with that one.

matt_outandabout

Get me that t-shirt on spreadshirt…. 8)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

T-shirt!!!

Woody
    Free Member

Funnily enough, we were all shaking too having just been run off the road 3 times on a quiet country lane in the dark.

Well done for keeping calm – not many people would have been able to.

I’m in the ‘definitely report’ camp as he/she sound like nutters and when not outnumbered it could well be a very different story.

Want that t-shirt too.

Lifer
    Free Member

stevewhyte – Member
    “TandemJeremy – Member
    As a driver it annoys me when cyclists take up a complete lane (or even an entire country road) and wont move into single file to allow cars past…i’m of the viewpoint that the car driver has hopefully paid tax to be on the road so as a cyclist i do the polite thing and always give cars right of way.”

Im really surprised at you with that one.

He was quoting someone.

That’s what the

QUOTE BOX

means.

Nice try though.

Lifer
    Free Member

@TomThumb (I think) no worries – I thought the driving up the verge bit may have been hyperbole, I stand corrected!

MoreCashThanDash

Well done for keeping calm

I have to say, that behaviour and I’d have reported him/them. I had a heated exchange of words with a driver last summer which ended with him getting out of his car and pushing me into a hedge. As my short temper had partially caused him to lose his, I’d have let that go, but after he’d got into his car and driven off he reversed back and got out for another rant, so I reported him and he got a warning for assault.

It helps if the chumps have a short and memorable personal number plate mind!

PJM1974
    Free Member

As a driver it annoys me when cyclists take up a complete lane (or even an entire country road) and wont move into single file to allow cars past…

The tired and incorrect “Road Tax” argument aside, what is the problem with the above? The wording in The Highway Code suggests that cyclists should:

ride in single file on narrow or busy roads.

Rule 53.

I’m not trying to split hairs with the OP on this – indeed far from it – but the whole “I am king of the road” mentality that some of us attribute to drivers also applies to some of us. A little give and take on all sides makes for a much less stressful journey.

I’m just throwing that out there. If it provokes your ire then don’t bother to reply, I’m only interested in reasoned debate.

theflatboy
    Free Member

coincidentally, i was just out on the bike and got aggressively cut up by a van driver who responded to my response by suggesting we stop to discuss it, which we did. I wasn’t that pleasant but was at least reasonable logical… 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I was quoting a post that got deleted

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Road Rage driver defeated by pleasant and logical cyclists’ is closed to new replies.