Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • road racing on eurosport (sky+ FAIL)
  • scaredypants

Bah, it's enough to make me say "darkside" 🙄

Sky+ is set to record the races daily and pretty much every time it lops off the last 5 mins or so (you know, the bit where stuff happens ?)

Anyone else get the same – or even anyone whose sky gets it right ?
    Any tips how to overcome it (assuming I'm keeping Sky and singlehandedly keeping Murdoch in caviar)?

clubber
    Free Member

On my V+ box I can change how long before and after the scheduled time the box will record stuff – default is 3 mins before, 4 after – if you can do the same, set the 'after' to 30mins to be sure…

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

Yep happens to me too. Really wound me up with the Giro and the Tour of California. You go to watch it and there is half an hour of tennis (any sport except the one you want to watch) before it starts. I took to recording what ever was on after it to be safe.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RS4KEV

Think it's a Eurosport issue. Had same problem but only on that channel. Guy with funny shorts won 🙂

scaredypants

ah, good work from clubber – though sky adds a max of 10 mins after the end

how long before the end did the little austrian fella get caught ?

clubber
    Free Member

In that case, do as Pugwash suggested – set the program after to record.

warton
    Free Member

Eurosports schedule rarely relates to what's actually on, its a bit of a nightmare for v/sky +

scaredypants

In that case, do as Pugwash suggested – set the program after to record.

yeh, trouble is I'd have to actually set it individually for each day, since there's probably not the same show on afterwards (I set the cycling to record as a series). Will have a look though, 10 mins might just do it for me anyway (or make me miss just the sprint every day 👿 )

glenh
    Free Member

I just watch it live on t'internet. That way I don't miss owt.

scaredypants

…That way I don't miss owt go out.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

In "services" on your Sky + remote you have an option to add to end or beginning or recording, mine is set to auto, which I think is just the default.
    The problem lies with Eurosport TBH, in the recent Giro D'Italia one complete programme was missed and they continued showing womens grunty tennis. No amount of short skirts can make up for that.

glenh
    Free Member

I can't go out. I'm a work 😉

scaredypants

grunty tennis – now I could go a proper rant over that !

my new favourite player is that Aussie who came 2nd in France – peace !
    (just to lower the tone, not sure I could ever have sex with a proper shouter, either 😳 )

headfirst
    Free Member

I feel your pain….basically Eurosport show a lot of live sport and if it (usually the tennis) runs over so does the programme and the schedule. Record the prog after.

firestarter
    Free Member

how do you adjust the v+ box clubber

clubber
    Free Member

Don't recall exactly but it's just in one of the menus under 'settings' I think.

firestarter
    Free Member

that was quick 🙂 i.ll have a poke around once my little one has finished with lilo and stitch (again)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘road racing on eurosport (sky+ FAIL)’ is closed to new replies.