Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Road pump recommendations please for attaching to frame
  • cinnamon_girl

For the mtb, I have a Topeak turbo which is brilliant for girlie arms. Don’t really want to carry that around so is there anything smaller but reasonably powerful to fix to a road frame? Also, what’s the best way to attach it?

As always, thank you so much. 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Road Morph. Comes with a mount which can be zip-tied on.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Blackburn airstick or I used to use a Zefal pump which fitted between the BB and TT. Or you could give those compressed air canisters a go.

crikey
    Free Member

One of these kind of things.

I went to photo it and found I’d lost the little pump that normally sits there, but had something similar. In the half water bottle are 2 tubes, tyre levers (for other peoples tyres), three allen keys and a CO2 cartridge thingy.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

For a road bike, I’d recommend the Zefal HPX. Not teeny and lightweight, but actually does the job and gets tyres up to a decent pressure without giving you an aneurysm from pumping so hard. Proper tough and sturdy too, and can double as a weapon against dogs and nasty types.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for all the suggestions. 🙂

PePPeR

I have a Road morph, it’s brilliant, I also use it when out on the MTB and the amount of times people want to use the morph rather than their own pumps is amazing!

jonb
    Free Member

I can’t recommend you anything unless I know what catagory you race in!

Could you let us know so we can let you buy kit of appropriate standard for your ability? 😉

Have you thought about a CO2 combination pump. I have one of the old planet X ones which is a bit of a revelation as it lets you get back to racing pressures easily but doesn’t leave you reliant on CO2 canisters if you get more punctures than you were prepared for.

mieszko
    Free Member

Check Genuine Innovation on Wiggle 75% off at the moment CICKY I have the regular version, not carbon fibre and not for CO2 but it does work very well and is a very slim design so I’m not hitting it with cranks/legs like I did on the chunky mtb pump I used before. Very good quality product but it’s only for presta. Comes with a frame mount and a piece of velcro to keep it in place.

Bez

I’m in the market for a teen tiny micro pump for the road bike. Non CO2. I realise they’re all awful, but which is the least awful?

druidh
    Free Member

Having ripped off valves through too-exuberant pumping, I would now always recommend a pump with a hose-attached head, however small that is – something like this

simondbarnes

Lezyne Road Drive is a bloody brilliant pump. First mini pump I’ve had that gets over 100psi in a road tyre with very little effort.

tonyd

I have a Blackburn frame pump (carbon one here):

http://www.blackburndesign.com/road_pumps.html#frame_pump

Don’t use it anymore as it doesn’t fit my current frame (old frame was 54cm, current one is 51cm). You don’t have to mess around with attaching clips or holders to your frame and it’s got a long barrel so you can get up to and above 100psi easily.

oldgit
    Free Member

Road Morph.

I find it a bit cumbersome, but then I usually only carry a Co2 canister.

However they really do work, it’s basically a mini track pump and will get your tyres up to pressure easilly. And it has a flexi hose so snapped valves getting the last big PSI’s in don’t occur.
    A big favourite amongst Audaxers

cinnamon_girl

Well, the Road Morph seems to be same as my MTB and is actually slightly longer. 😕

This one?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-road-morph-with-gauge-1/

jonb – racing? I haven’t lost my marbles yet!

Thanks again! 🙂

Philby

Topeak Pocket Rocket does it for me – fits behind the bottle cage. Pumps up to 100psi with not too much difficulty.

Swalsey
    Free Member

Leyzene – medium pressure drive is a perfect all-rounder, road pressure drive is better for higher pressure and lower volume. Had mine for almost 3 years I think – ace.

jamesb
    Free Member

+1 for Lezyme high pressure job, compact, looks smart 🙂 and does the job. To avoid excess energy in using it fit good tyres too!

tartanscarf

I can highly reccomend the Lezyne Road Drive too.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Road pump recommendations please for attaching to frame’ is closed to new replies.