Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Road overshoe recommendations please……
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

New to road cycling & would like to keep ticking over even when it gets nippy out.

Recently bought a pair of Specialized Road Expert shoes.

Thanks in advance.

Alan.

Nobby

I’ve some Pearl Izumi ones that keep my toes snug & the worst of the wet at bay – they’re either PRO or Elite Barrier jobbies.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve some Pro ones for ‘a bit nippy’, and some old endura ones for ‘has anyone seen my husky’ conditions.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Endura road ones here, and will get another pair when needed.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Bump.

grantyboy
    Free Member

Endura in silver to increase visability

Freester

On one have got some neoprene ones on offer right now. 9.99. It’s snip, it’s steal etc etc.

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CLPXOSH/planet_x_neoprene_overshoes

velomanic
    Free Member

I can recommend Shimano ‘Blaze’ overshoes for dry, toasty feet on winter road rides!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Might have to get a pair of the PX version. I tried to use a pair of Endura MT500 ones, but they didn’t work with the SPD-SL cleat.

On a similar note, I picked up some PVC-coated lycra overshoes for non-cold wet rides this year. Work exactly as intended to.

trickydisco
    Free Member

These are the best overshoes i’ve owned

Keep my feet warm and bone dry. have been through endura and altura one’s before for mtb but these have lasted

TiRed

I have Gore ones that are thermal. Warm but still not 100% waterproof. I also bought some used Sidi winter boots and these are nicer to ride in but again, don’t keep water out completely. Overshoes seem to wear from the sole, so don’t spend too much.

I did have some Gore windstoppers which were light and great for autumn. Sadly the zip failed and that’s why I now have the thermal version.

TheSanityAssassin

I’m also looking at some overshoes for the road bike, but I use mtb spuds. Do I therefore need mtb/spud-specific ones, or are they all the same fit?
    Also, any recommendations too please?

fasthaggis

Pro Tarmac

cookeaa

Still using the same Pro – H2O “Raven” ones I was last year, starting to split a little around the heel but they are still hanging in there and are keeping the water out and my feet dry and warm…

I might order some of those PX neoprene ones just to try if they’re only a tenner… although I’m also tempted by their ”Zip” overshoe in “”No Wind” softshell fabric doubt they’re as water tight as the neoprene… I could try both out I suppose …

I’m a UK10 should I go with M/L or L/XL? I find many overshoes come up a bit small, and if they just have a velcro closure is there a risk the M/L might bey bursting open after a couple of miles?

grahamg
    Free Member

On one have got some neoprene ones on offer right now. 9.99. It’s snip, it’s steal etc etc.

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CLPXOSH/planet_x_neoprene_overshoes

I’m with this guy ^ – so cheap, so easy to put on/take off (zips and all that are a ballache and the point at which they’re guaranteed to fail eventually).

If you want more spangly, check out Gripgrab available from wiggle, the reviews are very good. But honestly, those PX jobs are so effective.

Forgot to add, having plenty of room in the shoe for winter socks and wriggle room is a vital component of keeping feet warm – if you don’t’ already have any, buy some cheap shoes a size up from your normal.

grahamg
    Free Member

Oh, just go neoprene too – ‘waterproof’ anything has limits, IME with overshoes, about 60-80 is the max when brand new, down below that after lots of use. Just stick to the wet but warm.

cookeaa

Opps weird delayed doule post…

chakaping
    Free Member

BBB heavy duty, which is I think what that pic above is of

ransos
    Free Member

Endura road ones here, and will get another pair when needed.

In my experience, that will be soon, as they break or wear out with alarming frequency.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’ve got planet x ones too. Not the most attractive things in the world but do the job very well.

vdubber67
    Free Member

For 10 quid I just buy a pair of the PX ones every year. Great on the road, and ok on the MTB unless you start walking…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Road overshoe recommendations please……’ is closed to new replies.