Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • road or mountain for Cornwall
  • faz083
    Free Member

Away next week and needing to decide which ONE (very specific limit not set by me unfortunately) bike to take. I’m relatively near Padstow (about 20m north).
    Riding around there looks bad for on road- small thin roads, high hedges, bad surfaces.
    Off road looks more promising with the camel trail and the inevitable coastal paths.
    However if the weather is naff I’d rather be on the roadie, and it is a lot easier to make a lot of distance on that , could easily do a 40/50 mile loop and see some beautiful coastal scenery.

I’m not sure, never been to that specific region before, advice needed from residents or visitors.

cheers

hugor
    Free Member

Camel trail is dull. The coast paths will probably upset walkers. I wouldn’t ride on most of the hedged roads round there.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Road

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    julioflo
    Free Member

Road – The coastal road between Padstow and Newquay has some epic views and killer steep hills!

However there is some good MTB riding in the woods around Bodmin, but I think you’ll need a guide to find them

watsontony
    Free Member

mtb not a tough choice mtb can go anywere road bike isrestricted to road simple

flowerpower
    Free Member

Cyclocross 😉

Might just mean that you *need* a new bike too…

alaric

Given some of the gradients out of the coastal villages, even on a road ride, you might be grateful for the lower gears on a mountain bike!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘road or mountain for Cornwall’ is closed to new replies.