• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by cp.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • (Road) mudguards for a bike with no bridge in the rear stays..
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

After a set of mudguards for my new (Winter) roadbike:

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cannondale-CAAD-Optimo-Disc-Tiagra-2017-Road-Bike_96364.htm

But there is no bridge in the rear stays.. 😕

Merlin have one of their bikes with SKS guards on it:
    https://www.merlincycles.com/merlin-x30-tiagra-gravel-winter-bike-2018-105088.html

But sadly can’t advise what mudguards they are, other than “SKS made them” so, anyone any ideas please??

Cheers

larrydavid
    Free Member
    wwaswas

those two ‘nobbles’ on the seat stay by the tyres in the Tredz pics – are they threaded holes? small strip of alu between them?

cp

Just use any guard surely – they come with or you can get a guard mount which bolts to the seatstay mount points and there’s a threaded boss on the back of the seat tube to bolt it to that. Nice system!

More of an issue is the fork which doesn’t have the mounts on the drop outs (though it does have the hole in the fork crown, so with some ingenuity (i’ve used light mount brackets) you just need to mount them to the fork legs somehow.

cp

those two ‘nobbles’ on the seat stay by the tyres in the Tredz pics – are they threaded holes? small strip of alu between them?

It’s as if Cannondale thought of this one, rather than just randomly sticking a couple of bosses in 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Hmm, I never got that bit for the bridge…
    And it does have mounts on the forks, albeit they are half way down the fork… 😳

cp

And it does have mounts on the forks, albeit they are half way down the fork…

interesting! The pics hide them well 🙂

FWIW it’s fairly easy to set guards on mounts part way down the fork legs – often needs a bend in a supporting rod each side, but works great, and I find the support of the guard is actually better like this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘(Road) mudguards for a bike with no bridge in the rear stays..’ is closed to new replies.