Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Road legal supermoto type bike. Which one…not new!
  • benz
    Free Member

Years since I rode a bike on the road, but quite fancy something for the spring.

Up to 450cc, single, simple.

Now I know nothing about current bikes so I’m probably living in the past…

CCM? Husaberg? Husky? KTM? Jap?

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Nearly all jap enduro make great supermoto’s. Great reliability and suspension. As long as you don’t want to tour the world, they’re great fun 🙂

rsvktm

Ktm, husky and husaberg do supermotos or can covert from enduros simply. But are not that road friendly, tiny tank very frequent servicing etc but are massive fun. A lot of the modern styled supermotos maybe more road friendly but are lardy and dull. Aprilia did a monster supermoto twin but expensive to keep on top of. Supermoto junkie forum is a good place to browse.
    Don’t buy one to commute on…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cnud
    Free Member

I had a CCM 404 Supermoto, loved it, miss it. Bulletproof DRZ engine and loads of upgrade options.

Pigface
    Free Member

Say no to Husaberg lovely but fragile, DR400 would be my best advice, a converted enduro bike is just a thief magnet no lockable filler caps etc etc

fivespot
    Free Member

Can’t quote on supermotos, but from having a few enduro bikes for green laneing in the past. Which included KTM EXC 400 & 520, Yam WR400 and Honda CRF 250X, I would go for a KTM or other European model with 6 speeds as opposed to the Jap 5 speed models. That extra gear makes a big difference, not only to top speed, but also for more relaxed cruising.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Hud-Ava-burg …..not me …….nice when they’re running which isn’t often

But in reality all of what you’ve mentioned are high maintenance and regular servicing …….as said above pic a Drz400

Northwind

Doesn’t come under your engine class, but the Duke 2- great fun, looks good, actually very practical. Dr Z is nice though.

qwerty
    Free Member

DRZ or Duke2

northernmatt

Lad at work had a DRZ400SM, he loved it. Only got rid as he got a Triumph Daytona. He’s only 21, the git.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I used to have one of these in 2007 and believe me It was an R1 beater, so quick, so quick to stop and it’ll rail any corner.. they do however need frequent top end rebuilds… So go for a Duke 2 or even a BMW 650 Single

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM6pzZsTJdU[/video]

cnud
    Free Member
    mattsccm
    Free Member

CCM 404 . Mine was great. Jap motor but in a chassi that worked.
    Better still a 604. Still got my 2nd or is it 3rd as I sold it once then got it back.
    Cheap to run. Bombproof and has character.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

I used to have an MZ baghira which was fun, pretty ugly though.

DR400 would be my pick for sure. Really nice to ride.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Why only 450? I had a Husaberg. Amazing bike but I spent about as much time spannering as riding.

690 Duke for my money.

charliedontsurf

I had one of these…ktm 950…. Amazing.

No that is not me in the picture.
    And yes, it misses the brief, but it was wonderful.

weeksy

Good man Charlie… i’ve had 3.. 🙂

Although two of them were 950SMR’s

Marge
    Free Member

The big engined KTMs are a good option.

I had a Husky SM610 & it drove me crazy. Was funny over very short distances but other than it just felt pointless…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Road legal supermoto type bike. Which one…not new!’ is closed to new replies.