Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Road Helmets – recommendations for the larger head
  • chi11i
    Free Member

I feel like I ask road more than off-road questions on STW lately! Sorry but the advice is still always better than the road forums…

Have a 59cm head, which is right on the border of most manu’s med/large size. Generally the med lids perch on top and the large sort of drown me.

Looking at the 100 – 120 price point and looking at the Giro Atmos/Ionos etc Can’t decide if I like the Catlike Whisper.

Any other recommendations for a low profile-ish lid? that works for people with a slightly fatter head??

dharmstrong
    Free Member

I have what seems to be a slightly larger head, a large giro pinched my head but I have found the specialized s-works fits nicely. Yes it’s pricey, but it fits comfortably.

gooner69

Dont hesitate on the Catlike, they is ACE! Comfortable and stylish, added bonus most people dont know the brand and shy away;)

oldgit
    Free Member

I’ve got a large head, and the Giro fits a treat. I also had a big fall on my head (hit & Run) and it did a great job. like being hit with a cushion.
    The Catlike Whisper was my other choice.

depth-junkie
    Free Member

specialized s-works Prevail (the new s-works) Yes it expensive at £159 but it is by far and away the best top of the range helmet out there at the min IMHO.

Very light, well vented, aero, and great overall fit. And all so the best looking IMHO

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=58619

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Another recommendation for the s-works prevail.

They’re so good and comfy that I have two in different colours. 😀

You should try getting any sort of helmet for a 68cm head. Hate it when ‘new helmet’ time comes around. 😥

wingnuts

Got Ionos and whisper and both are excellent. Ionos lighter and one I use on road. If in the market I’d just go for the deal.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Road Helmets – recommendations for the larger head’ is closed to new replies.