Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Road groupsets and clutch mechs
  • jeffl

So I’ve got a bike with an 11 speed rival groupset. Noticed quite a bit of chain slap when taking it on some light off roading.

Does anyone know if an SRAM or Shimano clutch equipped MTB rear mech is compatible?

monkeyboyjc

You could use a sram clutch mech,there are road versions coming out for the SRAM 1x system. Not sure why you’d want to though – just wrap the chain stay properly.

jeffl

Yeah seen they’re doing it but figured if an existing clutch deralieur fits I’ll be able to get it cheaper. Also I’d rather address the problem of a slappy chain rather than using a sticking plaster, literally, to address the symptoms.

Just looking for confirmation that the accuation ratios compatible.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oliverracing

Nope, not compatible, I’ve looked at as many different combos but none work.

For 9/10 speed shimano road with a 10 speed mtb This supposedly works But nothing for 11 speed.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Nope, not compatible, I’ve looked at as many different combos but none work.

For 9/10 speed shimano road with a 10 speed mtb This supposedly works But nothing for 11 speed.

Good job he has SRAM not shimano then.

What you want is SRAM CX1 (a.k.a. Force) with the clutch mech. They’re £120 on CRC.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Road groupsets and clutch mechs’ is closed to new replies.