Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Road gloves.. whats good??
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Dont usually wear gloves but have started doing longer rides so its more for comfort. Have started to get sore hands and a bit tingly from resting on the hoods for too long. So whats good??

anagallis_arvensis

Spesh body geometry ones really helped me

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pearl Izumi for me. Forget the model, but one pair of mine have very clever vented gel padding. Great for hot weather riding.

IHN

Pearl Izumi hear too

Haze

Assos summer S7

akira

Gore fit me best, try a few in a shop if possible.

deepreddave
    Free Member

£5 Polaris ones?

stevious

Have tried about a zillion pairs but Specialized BG of some sort or another or GripGrab Dr Gel have been the most hand-tingle-reducing I’ve used. The gripgrap ones fit me best so that’s what I wear all the time now.

happybiker
    Free Member

Galibier or Castelli for me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Track mitts or gloves?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Track mitts or gloves?

fingerless type gloves… Track mits?

TiRed

I use Bontrager Solstice Wind shell full gloves. No padding, but very comfortable. I wear gloves in all weathers due to palmoplantar psoriasis and Reynaud’s. If you need padding to offset compression, you are putting too much weight through your hands.

cloudnine
    Free Member

It just seems to happen on longer rides. I dont really like wearing gloves. I tend to rest the centre of my hand on the top of the hoods for too long without changing position on flatter rides.
    I usually fidget around all over but on longer rides i get into a rhythm and sort of forget about changing hand position. Im probably also leaning on my hands too much aswell..

winterfold
    Free Member

What bar tape are you using, I’ve not worn padded gloves since I started using Lizard Skins tape (I am sure there will be other equally comfy tapes) – like you I dont really like wearing gloves if I can avoid it.

edhornby

prendas gloves

if you’re leaning on your hands, try shuffling the saddle back on the rails, just a little bit and see if that helps. extra core strength is always good (but not necessarily easy to achieve)

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Specialized Body Geometry are good. I’m currently using Giro DND gloves which are MTB specific but I’m finding work really well on the road bike.

Also don’t forget good bar tape. Specialized S-Wrap Roubaix is your squishy friend and you’ll find you don’t need any padding in your gloves.

frankconway

Galibier; mesh back, goatskin palm with extra padding – about £35.
    Had been looking at dromarti but they seem to have stopped naking gloves – that saved me about £120!!

sefton
    Free Member

prendas!

although the specalized one look very well made

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just as a follow up.. Went with the specialized grails. Wore them on 60 mile ride today with 6000ft of climbing.. Very comfortable, no tingling or sore hands.. Shame I can’t say the same about my legs

ian martin
    Free Member

I have an £8 all black fingerless altura pair that I rate highly.

Tend to take off my gloves when I get a bit warm but don’t need to with these.

epicsteve
    Free Member

The Specialized Body Geometry stuff works well for me.

tiim
    Free Member

Prendas long finger, probably on my 3rd or 4th pair in 10ish years following crashes and commuting losses.

Knog long finger leather ones are probably the best fitting gloves I’ve owned once molded to my hands but not super padded.

leebaxter
    Free Member

Suck it up, your body will adapt. go gloveless.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Spent ages looking for a set of gloves i like and have recently found the Endura equippe mitt. Instead of two pads designed to relieve pressure on the ulnar nerve they have a massive gel pad covering most of the palm.

cookeaa

How high are you running tyre pressures?

I did find it can have a marked effect on comfort taking the front down just a few psi.

jekkyl

Rapha have some for £60 made out of the hair from a camel’s butt,,, apparently.

cloudnine
    Free Member

How high are you running tyre pressures?

28c schwalbe pro ones at about 75psi..

cookeaa

28c schwalbe pro ones at about 75psi..

In that case I take it back, unless you are really light that sounds like a sensible tyre pressures…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Road gloves.. whats good??’ is closed to new replies.